Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Tony Augarde | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Cards | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0198661789 | ISBN13: 9780198661788 |
Description: How can you learn to think like a crossword puzzle author? What is the correct way to score in Fictionary? The strategic keys for winning at Scrabble? The rules for playing Grandmother's Trunk or Shouting Proverbs? Delve into the pages of this entertaining compendium and find the answers to these questions and more as you learn how to play 250 of the world's most popular word games. From Consequences, Call My Bluff, Hangman, and Countdown to Aesop's Mission, Beheadments, Superghosts, and more, Tony Augarde offers a grand tour of the word game universe, providing full details of how to play each game, including examples of play, useful diagrams, and fun cartoons. A particularly useful feature is the thematic index to types of games, allowing you to find games that match your interests and skills. Are you particularly keen at challenges that involve puns? Then try Tom Swifties or My Wordbut be warned, punning atrociously can be addictive. Think quickly on your feet? Check out Punchlines, where two competing players are trying to end the same story with different assigned punchlinesbut have to take turns in the telling. Is poetry your forte? Then turn to Equivoque, where a wry ense of humor will help you as you try to write a poem with two different meanings, or try Rhyming Consequences, where you'll build up a ridiculous series of verse. Sly readers will choose games to exploit friends' (and competitors') weaknesses: a good game of Minister's Cat demands a sharp memory, while Sausages will test the best poker face. Whether you're looking for a quiet game for two or an evening's entertainment for a house full of guests, Augarde has oulined the rules, requirements, and equipment needed for games that suit all situations, abilities, and age levels. Word-lovers and gameplayers of every stripe will welcome this exhaustive how-to guide and will want to make it a permanent addition to their entertainment libraries.
The Oxford A to Z of Word Games..pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35726
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Oxford A to Z of Word Games
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Oxford A to Z of Word Games
- 2011-09-21The Oxford A to Z of Word Games
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Everything Kids' Puzzle Book: Mazes, Word Games, Puzzles & More! Hours of Fun!
- 2014-06-03The Oxford A to Z of Word Games (Repost)
- 2012-12-13The Oxford A to Z of Word Games (repost)
- 2011-03-11The Oxford A to Z of Word Games
- 2010-08-10[HF] The Oxford A to Z of Word Games
- 2007-12-18The Oxford A to Z of Word Games (Repost)
- 2007-11-01The Oxford A to Z of Word Games
- 2007-06-04The Oxford A to Z of Word Games
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Oxford Bookworms Library: Level 3: 1,000 Word Vocabulary A Christmas Carol
- 2017-01-09[PDF] The Oxford Bookworms Library: Level 3: 1,000 Word Vocabulary A Christmas Carol
- 2011-12-04Laurence Urdang, "The Oxford Thesaurus"
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Facts on File Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Early Modern European History, 1350-1750: Volume I: Peoples and Place (Oxford Handbooks)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Evidence-Based Management
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Oxford Companion to Jazz
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Oxford Dictionary of Allusions
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.