Posted on 2018-01-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Malcolm Grimston | Publisher: Whittles Publishing | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 496 | ISBN: 1849951675 | ISBN13: 9781849951678 |
Description: This book surveys decision-making inthe energy field, especially electricity in the UK and Western Europe, andprovides a critique of the various claims that are made for different ways ofapproaching the critical need for vast amounts of new investment. It explores reasons for the paralysis indecision-making, which is contrasted with past periods of rapid change,including the growth of electricity and renewables in the late 19th century,the development of centralised grids in the 1920s and 1930s and the rapiddeployment of nuclear power in the 1970s and 1980s. It briefly reviews the history of each major fuel then considers thereasons for the decision sclerosis and suggests possible ways out of it. Itreviews the difficulties of investing in long-term electricity generatingcapacity in competitive marketplaces the problems caused by a lack ofunderstanding of basic physics among elected representatives coupled with adegree of short-term political opportunism the fundamentally dishonestapproach of the Big Green industry a nave approach to communication on the partof the energy industry itself and a lax approach to scientific rigour amongthose advocating action against climate change which has bred disillusionmentand suspicion. Comparisons with recent experience in Germany and Japan areoffered to illustrate the issues.
The Paralysis in Energy Decision Making.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35628
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Science of Human Decision Making
- 2017-11-05[PDF] The Best Available Evidence: Decision Making for Educational Improvement
- 2017-10-20[PDF] The Psychology of Judicial Decision Making
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Psychology of Judicial Decision Making
- 2012-03-20Doing the Right Thing: A Real Estate Practitioner's Guide to Ethical Decision Making, 4 Edition By Deborah H. Long
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Global Risk Agility and Decision Making: Organizational Resilience in the Era of Man-Made Risk
- 2018-01-08[PDF] How You Decide: The Science of Human Decision Making [Reduced]
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Death or Disability?: The 'Carmentis Machine' and decision-making for critically ill children
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Streetlights and Shadows: Searching for the Keys to Adaptive Decision Making (Bradford Books)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Policy Paradox: The Art of Political Decision Making (3rd edition)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Streetlights and Shadows: Searching for the Keys to Adaptive Decision Making
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Consensus Building in Group Decision Making: Searching the Consensus Path with Minimum Adjustments
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Thinking: The New Science of Decision-Making, Problem-Solving, and Prediction (Best of Edge Series)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Artificial Intelligence: Diagnostics and Decision-Making in Anaesthesia: A review of the first 65 years
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Ethical Counselling and Medical Decision-Making in the Era of Personalised Medicine: A Practice-Oriented Guide
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Policy Paradox: The Art of Political Decision Making (3rd edition)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Streetlights and Shadows: Searching for the Keys to Adaptive Decision Making
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Streetlights and Shadows: Searching for the Keys to Adaptive Decision Making (Bradford Books)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Death or Disability?: The 'Carmentis Machine' and decision-making for critically ill children
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.