Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David M. Kaplan | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 0520269330 | ISBN13: 9780520269330 |
Description: This book explores food from a philosophical perspective, bringing together sixteen leading philosophers to consider the most basic questions about food: What is it exactly? What should we eat? How do we know it is safe? How should food be distributed? What is good food? David M. Kaplanâ€™s erudite and informative introduction grounds the discussion, showing how philosophers since Plato have taken up questions about food, diet, agriculture, and animals. However, until recently, few have considered food a standard subject for serious philosophical debate. Each of the essays in this book brings in-depth analysis to many contemporary debates in food studiesâ€”Slow Food, sustainability, food safety, and politicsâ€”and addresses such issues as â€œhappy meat,â€ aquaculture, veganism, and table manners. The result is an extraordinary resource that guides readers to think more clearly and responsibly about what we consume and how we provide for ourselves, and illuminates the reasons why we act as we do.
The Philosophy of Food (California Studies in Food and Culture).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35881
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Basic Problems of Phenomenology (Studies in Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Philosophy of Historical Case Studies (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Basic Problems of Phenomenology (Studies in Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Sociology of Food and Agriculture (Earthscan Food and Agriculture)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Italian Way: Food and Social Life
- 2017-12-09[PDF] The Anthropology of Numbers (Cambridge Studies in Social and Cultural Anthropology)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Color Revolution (Lemelson Center Studies in Invention and Innovation series)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] The Social Life of Materials: Studies in Materials and Society
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The Condition of English: Literary Studies in a Changing Culture (Contributions to the Study of Education)
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Condition of English: Literary Studies in a Changing Culture (Contributions to the Study of Education)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Color Revolution (Lemelson Center Studies in Invention and Innovation series)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Italian Way: Food and Social Life
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Skin That We Speak: Thoughts on Language and Culture in the Classroom
- 2017-11-21[PDF] The Fruits of Integration: Black Middle-Class Ideology and Culture, 1960-1990
- 2017-04-07[PDF] The Complete Idiot's Guide to Irish History and Culture
- 2016-12-22[PDF] The Complete Idiot's Guide to Irish History and Culture
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Untold History of Ramen: How Political Crisis in Japan Spawned a Global Food Craze (California Studies in Food and Culture)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Safe Food: The Politics of Food Safety (California Studies in Food and Culture)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] M. F. K. Fisher among the Pots and Pans: Celebrating Her Kitchens (California Studies in Food and Culture)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.