Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Cecile Chu-chin Sun | Publisher: University Of Chicago Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 0226780201 | ISBN13: 9780226780207 |
Description: For more than half a century, Chinese-Western comparative literature has been recognized as a formal academic discipline, but critics and scholars in the field have done little to develop a viable, common basis for comparison between these disparate literatures. In this pioneering book, Cecile Chu-chin Sun establishes repetition as the ideal perspective from which to compare the poetry and poetics from these two traditions. Sun contends that repetition is at the heart of all that defines the lyric as a unique art form and, by closely examining its use in Chinese and Western poetry, she demonstrates howone can identify important points of convergence and divergence. Through a representative sampling of poems from both traditions, she illustrates how the irreducible generic nature of the lyric transcends linguistic and cultural barriers but also reveals the fundamental distinctions between the traditions. Most crucially, she dissects the two radically different conceptualizations of realitymimesis and xingthat serve as underlying principles for the poetic practices of each tradition. Skillfully integrating theory and practice, The Poetics of Repetition in English and Chinese Lyric Poetryprovides a much-needed model for future study of Chinese and English poetry as well as lucid, succinct interpretations of individual poems.
The Poetics of Repetition in English and Chinese Lyric Poetry.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35654
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Concept of Non-Photography (English and French Edition)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Collected Letters of Charles Olson and J. H. Prynne (Recencies Series: Research and Recovery in Twentieth-Century American Poetics)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Official Dictionary of Unofficial English: A Crunk Omnibus for Thrillionaires and Bampots for the Ecozoic Age
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Language and Iconography of Chinese Charms: Deciphering a Past Belief System (English and Chinese Edition) - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Elliptical Noun Phrase in English: Structure and Use (Routledge Studies in Germanic Linguistics)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Poetics and Politics of the American Gothic: Gender and Slavery in Nineteenth-Century American Literature
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Olmeca-Xicallanca of Teotihuacan, Cacaxtla, and Cholula: An archaeological, ethnohistorical, and linguistic synthesis (BAR International) (Spanish and English Edition) [Spanish]
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Poetics of Consent: Collective Decision Making and the Iliad
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Sultan Speaks: Dialogue in English Plays and Histories about the Ottoman Turks
- 2017-11-17[PDF] The Poetics of Crime: Understanding and Researching Crime and Deviance Through Creative Sources (Classical and Contemporary Social Theory)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] The American Heritage Book of English Usage: A Practical and Authoritative Guide to Contemporary English
- 2017-10-27[PDF] The Ecology of Modernism: American Environments and Avant-Garde Poetics (Modern & Contemporary Poetics)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] The Teacher's Grammar of English with Answers: A Course Book and Reference Guide
- 2017-10-19[PDF] The BBI Combinatory Dictionary of English: Your guide to collocations and grammar. Third edition revised by Robert Ilson
- 2017-10-16[PDF] HCI and User-Experience Design: Fast-Forward to the Past, Present, and Future (Human-Computer Interaction Series) (English and Chinese Edition)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Astronautical Multilingual Dictionary of the International Academy of Astronautics (English and Multilingual Edition)
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Astronautical Multilingual Dictionary of the International Academy of Astronautics (English and Multilingual Edition)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] The American Heritage Book of English Usage: A Practical and Authoritative Guide to Contemporary English
- 2012-06-06It Never Snows In September: The German View Of Market-Garden And The Battle of Arnhem September 1944
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.