[PDF] The Reticuloendothelial System in Health and Disease: Functions and Characteristics (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology)
Posted on 2018-01-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: S.M. Reichard | Publisher: Springer | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 495 | ISBN: 1468432990 | ISBN13: 9781468432992 |
Description: An extraordinary development of the knowledge, concepts and biomedical applications has occurred during the past two decades in the biological sciences, including the Reticuloendothelial Sys tem (RES). For example, it is now widely recognized that distinct classes of cells are involved in the recognition of "exogenous" invaders of the body such as microorg nisms and other foreign an tigens, as well as of "endogenous" parasites represented by trans formed neoplastic cells and altered "self" antigens. Prominent among cell populations involved in such recognition of antigens and subsequent immune responses are those constituting the RES. In recent years, there has been much discussion and indeed contro versy as to what constitutes such a system and even whether the term "RES" is appropriate. Some investigators feel that the phago cytes are the most important cells of the RES as they playa major role in the defense mechanism of the host. Mononuclear phagocytes include tissue macrophages as well as circulating monocytes and their precursors. Although phagocytosis is a major functional ac tivity, it is only one of their several functions. The important role of phagocytes and other mononuclear cells in antibody forma tion, cell-mediated immunity, specific and non-specific resistance to microorganisms and tumor cells, as well as homeostatic adjust ments in general has become the focus of attention for many inves tigators.
The Reticuloendothelial System in Health and Disease: Functions and Characteristics (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35523
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Signal Transduction in the Cardiovascular System in Health and Disease (Advances in Biochemistry in Health and Disease) - Removed
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Signal Transduction in the Cardiovascular System in Health and Disease (Advances in Biochemistry in Health and Disease) - Removed
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Human Body in Health and Disease
- 2017-11-12[PDF] The Heart Structure In Health and Disease
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The Aging Kidney in Health and Disease - Removed
- 2017-02-10[PDF] The Heart Structure In Health and Disease
- 2017-02-09[PDF] The Aging Kidney in Health and Disease
- 2017-01-09[PDF] The Human Body in Health and Disease
- 2008-12-06Signal Transduction in the Cardiovascular System in Health and Disease (US$169)
- 2008-12-06The Ubiquitin System in Health and Disease (US$99)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Big Book of Health and Fitness: A Practical Guide to Diet, Exercise, Healthy Aging, Illness Prevention, and Sexual Well-Being
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Lacrimal System: Diagnosis, Management, and Surgery, Second Edition - Removed
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Cardiovascular System - Physiology, Diagnostics and Clinical Implications
- 2017-11-26[PDF] The pipeline system for Octave and Matlab (PSOM): a lightweight scripting framework and execution engine for scientific workflows
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Encyclopedia of Senior Health and Well-Being (Facts on File Library of Health & Living)
- 2017-04-10[PDF] The Gastrointestinal System: Gastrointestinal, Nutritional and Hepatobiliary Physiology - Removed
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Mad Cow Crisis: Health and the Public Good
- 2017-11-05[PDF] The Alkaloids, Volume 60: Chemistry and Biology
- 2017-01-05[PDF] The Alkaloids, Volume 60: Chemistry and Biology
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.