Posted on 2018-01-17, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mikkel Vedby Rasmussen | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: Military Science | Language: English | Page: 232 | ISBN: 0521867916 | ISBN13: 9780521867917 |
Description: Product Description: In the globalised world of the twenty-first century, security policy in Western societies is driven by a wish to prevent future threats from becoming reality. Applying theories of 'risk society' to the study of strategy, this book analyses the creation of a new approach to strategy. The author demonstrates that this approach creates new choices for policy-makers and challenges well-established truths within the study of security and strategy. He argues that since the seventeenth century the concept of strategy has served to rationalise new technologies, doctrines and agents. By outlining the history of the concept of strategy in terms of rationality, Rasmussen presents a framework for studying strategy in a time of risk and uses this framework to analyse how new technologies of war, pre-emptive doctrines, globalisation and the rise of the 'terrorist approach to warfare' can formulate a new theory of strategy.
The Risk Society at War: Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35409
- 2019-01-25The Risk Society at War Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-01-11The Risk Society at War Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2018-12-28The Risk Society at War Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2013-12-17The Risk Society at War: Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2012-05-07The Risk Society at War: Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century [Repost]
- 2011-08-05The Risk Society at War: Terror, Technology and Strategy in the Twenty-First Century
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Twenty-first Century African American Novel and the Critique of Whiteness in Everyday Life: Blackness as Strategy for Social Change
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Twenty-First-Century Media Industry: Economic and Managerial Implications in the Age of New Media (Studies in New Media)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Twenty-First Century Commercial Space Imperative
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Morality and War: Can War be Just in the Twenty-first Century?
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Next Cold War?: American Alternatives for the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Heart of War: On Power, Conflict and Obligation in the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-12-16[PDF] War and Power in the Twenty-First Century: The State, Military Power and the International System (Themes for the 21st Century Series)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Price of Peace: Just War in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-12-14[PDF] A Global History of War: From Assyria to the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Mathematics into the Twenty-First Century: 1988 Centennial Symposium August 8-12 (American Mathematical Society Centennial Publications, Vol II)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Senior Power or Senior Peril: Aged Communities and American Society in the Twenty-First Century (Social Logic of Politics)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Anthropology and Development: Challenges for the Twenty-First Century (Anthropology, Culture & Society)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Applying Rawls in the Twenty-First Century: Race, Gender, the Drug War, and the Right to Die
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.