Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Sean J Savage | Publisher: Excelsior Editions/State University of New York Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 362 | ISBN: 1438457030 | ISBN13: 9781438457031 |
Description: John F. Kennedy's path to the presidency began during his eight years of service in the United States Senate. In The Senator from New England, Sean J. Savage contends that Kennedy initially pursued a centrist, bipartisan course in his rhetoric and policy behavior regarding the regional policy interests of New England. Following his narrow defeat for the Democratic vice presidential nomination in 1956 and his nationwide speaking campaign for Adlai Stevenson, JFK's rhetoric and policy behavior became more partisan and liberal, especially during the 1958 midterm elections. While JFK claimed that he still protected and promoted the policy interests of New England on a bipartisan basis, he used his speaking engagements to interact with Democratic politicians throughout New England in an effort to secure the entire region's delegate votes at the 1960 Democratic National Convention. Based on the use of primary sources, archives, and special collections from four presidential libraries, the Library of Congress, Boston College, the Margaret Chase Smith Library, the Massachusetts Historical Society, and other institutions, The Senator from New England provides an unrivaled glimpse into Kennedy's Senate career and early presidential campaign strategy.
The Senator from New England: The Rise of JFK.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35729
- 2012-06-03Vanished Kingdoms: The Rise and Fall of States and Nations - Removed
- 2011-09-22The Rise of Games and High Performance Computing for Modeling and Simulation
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Rise of the Unelected: Democracy and the New Separation of Powers
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Folded Selves: Colonial New England Writing in the World System (Reencounters with Colonialism: New Perspectives on the Americas)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Rise of Extreme Porn: Legal and Criminological Perspectives on Extreme Pornography in England and Wales
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Rise of Transnational Corporations From Emerging Markets: Threat or Opportunity (Studies in International Investment)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Rise of the Joyful Economy: Artistic invention and economic growth from Brunelleschi to Murakami
- 2017-12-28[PDF] The Rise of the Rich: A New View of Modern World History (Audiobook)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Rise of China and India: A New Asian Drama
- 2017-12-06[PDF] The Rise of Islamic State: ISIS and the New Sunni Revolution
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Day Trips from New York City: Getaway Ideas For The Local Traveler
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Rise of a New Superpower: Turkey's Key Role in the World Economy and Energy Market (SpringerBriefs in Economics)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] The Rise of Critical Animal Studies: From the Margins to the Centre
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Rise of the Empire: Star Wars: Featuring the novels Star Wars: Tarkin, Star Wars: A New Dawn, and 3 all-new short stories
- 2017-10-25[PDF] The Rise of Alchemy in Fourteenth-Century England: Plantagenet Kings and the Search for the Philosopher's Stone
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The Rise of the New Oil Order: The Facts Behind the New Massive Supplies, the Exciting New Technologies and the Emerging Oil Powers of the XXIst Century
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Rise of Critical Animal Studies: From the Margins to the Centre
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Rise and Fall of the Second Largest Empire in History: How Genghis Khan's Mongols Almost Conquered the World
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Rise and Fall of Carbon Emissions Trading (Energy, Climate and the Environment)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.