Posted on 2018-01-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Lisa Delpit | Publisher: The New Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 229 | ISBN: 1595583505 | ISBN13: 9781595583505 |
Description: Now in paperback, The Skin That We Speak takes the discussion of language in the classroom beyond the highly charged war of idioms and presents todays teachers with a thoughtful exploration of the varieties of English that we speak, in what Black Issues Book Review calls an essential text. Edited by bestselling author Lisa Delpit and education professor Joanne Kilgour Dowdy, the book includes an extended new piece by Delpit herself, as well as groundbreaking work by Herbert Kohl, Gloria Ladson-Billings, and Victoria Purcell-Gates, as well as classic texts by Geneva Smitherman and Asa Hilliard. At a time when children are written off in our schools because they do not speak formal English, and when the class- and race-biased language used to describe those children determines their fate, The Skin That We Speak offers a cutting-edge look at crucial educational issues.
The Skin That We Speak: Thoughts on Language and Culture in the Classroom.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35304
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Modeling Life: Art Models Speak about Nudity, Sexuality, and the Creative Process
- 2018-01-06[PDF] You Are What You Speak: Grammar Grouches, Language Laws, and the Politics of Identity
- 2017-12-01[PDF] A God That Could Be Real: Spirituality, Science, and the Future of Our Planet
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Study Skills That Stick: Surefire Strategies, Reproducible Checklists, and Planning Sheets That Help Every Student Get Organized, Stay Focused, and Become More Effective Learners and Test-Takers
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Recipes : Cooking That Will Astound Your Family & Friends and Annoy Your Mother-in-Law
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Language and Culture: Reflective Narratives and the Emergence of Identity (ESL & Applied Linguistics Professional Series)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Middle Egyptian: An Introduction to the Language and Culture of Hieroglyphs
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Human Dimensions of Ecological Restoration: Integrating Science, Nature, and Culture (The Science and Practice of Ecological Restoration Series)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Globalization of Language and Culture in Asia: The Impact of Globalization Processes on Language
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Reach: 40 Black Men Speak on Living, Leading, and Succeeding
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Creating Textures that Tell a Story in ZBrush and Photoshop
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Creating Textures that Tell a Story in ZBrush and Photoshop
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of Language and Culture (Routledge Handbooks in Linguistics)
- 2017-10-09[PDF] The Space of Memory: Language and Culture of Portocannone, a Small Albanian Village in Italy. Gjaku Jone I Sheprishur (the Albanian Diaspor
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of Language and Culture (Routledge Handbooks in Linguistics)
- 2011-12-28Representation and Inference for Natural Language: A First Course in Computational Semantics (Center for the Study of Language and Information - Lecture Notes)
- 2011-11-11Normalization, Cut-Elimination, and the Theory of Proofs (Center for the Study of Language and Information - Lecture Notes)
- 2011-10-14Lexical Matters (Center for the Study of Language and Information - Lecture Notes)
- 2011-09-06Attribute-Value Logic and the Theory of Grammar (Center for the Study of Language and Information - Lecture Notes)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.