Posted on 2017-12-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Paul Jakov Smith | Publisher: Harvard University Asia Center | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 552 | ISBN: 0674010965 | ISBN13: 9780674010963 |
Description: This volume seeks to study the connections between two well-studied epochs in Chinese history: the mid-imperial era of the Tang and Song (ca. 800-1270) and the late imperial era of the late Ming and Qing (1550-1900). Both eras are seen as periods of explosive change, particularly in economic activity, characterized by the emergence of new forms of social organization and a dramatic expansion in knowledge and culture. The task of establishing links between these two periods has been impeded by a lack of knowledge of the intervening Mongol Yuan dynasty (1271-1368). This historiographical "black hole" has artificially interrupted the narrative of Chinese history and bifurcated it into two distinct epochs. This volume aims to restore continuity to that historical narrative by filling the gap between mid-imperial and late imperial China. The contributors argue that the Song-Yuan-Ming transition (early twelfth through the late fifteenth century) constitutes a distinct historical period of transition and not one of interruption and devolution. They trace this transition by investigating such subjects as contemporary impressions of the period, the role of the Mongols in intellectual life, the economy of Jiangnan, urban growth, neo-Confucianism and local society, commercial publishing, comic drama, and medical learning.
The Song-Yuan-Ming Transition in Chinese History (Harvard East Asian Monographs).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33985
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Emperor Huizong and Late Northern Song China: The Politics of Culture and the Culture of Politics (Harvard East Asian Monographs)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] An Introduction to Literary Chinese: Revised Edition (Harvard East Asian Monographs)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Lands of Partitioned Poland, 1795-1918 (History of East Central Europe) (English and Polish Edition)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Lands of Partitioned Poland, 1795-1918 (History of East Central Europe) (English and Polish Edition)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Pattern and Person: Ornament, Society, and Self in Classical China (Harvard East Asian Monographs)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Experimental Arts in Postwar Japan: Moments of Encounter, Engagement, and Imagined Return (Harvard East Asian Monographs)
- 2012-01-14Amid the Clouds and Mist: China's Colonization of Guizhou, 1200-1700 (Harvard East Asian Monographs) - John E. Herman
- 2011-12-09Amid the Clouds and Mist: China's Colonization of Guizhou, 1200-1700 (Harvard East Asian Monographs) - John E. Herman
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Ji'an Literati and the Local in Song-Yuan-Ming China (China Studies)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Song Rising (The Bone Season)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Ideological Transformation Of 20th Century Chinese Literature (Volume 1)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Song of Sherwood Trilogy
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Shorter Columbia Anthology of Traditional Chinese Literature
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Living I Ching: Using Ancient Chinese Wisdom to Shape Your Life
- 2017-12-22[PDF] The Routledge Course in Modern Mandarin Chinese: Workbook Level 1, Traditional Characters
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Song of the Dodo: Island Biogeography in an Age of Extinction
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Song Bird
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Song of the Siren (The Daughters of England Book 7)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] The Song of Andiene
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.