Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David J. Bederman | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 296 | ISBN: 0820324043 | ISBN13: 9780820324043 |
Description: As our society becomes more global, international law is taking on an increasingly significant role, not only in world politics but also in the affairs of a striking array of individuals, enterprises, and institutions. In this comprehensive study, David J. Bederman focuses on international law as a current, practical means of regulating and influencing international behavior. He shows it to be a system unique in its naturenonterritorial but secular, cosmopolitan, and traditional. Part intellectual history and part contemporary review, The Spirit of International Law ranges across the series of cyclical processes and dialectics in international law over the past five centuries to assess its current prospects as a viable legal system. After addressing philosophical concerns about authority and obligation in international law, Bederman considers the sources and methods of international lawmaking. Topics include key legal actors in the international system, the permissible scope of international legal regulation (what Bederman calls the "subjects and objects" of the discipline), the primitive character of international law and its ability to remain coherent, and the essential values of international legal order (and possible tensions among those values). Bederman then measures the extent to which the rules of international law are formal or pragmatic, conservative or progressive, and ignored or enforced. Finally, he reflects on whether cynicism or enthusiasm is the proper attitude to govern our thoughts on international law. Throughout his study, Bederman highlights some of the canonical documents of international law: those arising from famous cases (decisions by both international and domestic tribunals), significant treaties, important diplomatic correspondence, and serious international incidents. Distilling the essence of international law, this volume is a lively, broad, thematic summation of its structure, characteristics, and main features.
The Spirit of International Law.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35833
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Development of International Law by the International Court of Justice
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Future of International Law: Global Government
- 2017-12-14[PDF] The Making of International Law (Foundations of Public International Law)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Impact of International Law on International Cooperation: Theoretical Perspectives
- 2017-11-12[PDF] The Development in International Law of Articles 23 and 24 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights: The Labor Rights Articles
- 2017-10-31[PDF] The Politics of International Law (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The Politics of International Law and International Justice
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Development of International Law by the International Court of Justice
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Making of International Law (Foundations of Public International Law)
- 2011-10-11The Spirit of International Law
- 2011-07-20The Spirit of International Law - Removed
- 2010-04-12The Spirit of International Law (The Spirit of the Laws)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Events: The Force of International Law
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Origins of International Investment Law: Empire, Environment and the Safeguarding of Capital (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] War, the State and International Law in Seventeenth-Century Europe
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Politics of International Economic Law
- 2018-01-02[PDF] International Courts and the Development of International Law: Essays in Honour of Tullio Treves (English and French Edition)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Public Law of Gender: From the Local to the Global (Connecting International Law with Public Law)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Transboundary Harm in International Law: Lessons from the Trail Smelter Arbitration
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.