Posted on 2017-10-16, updated at 2018-11-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Bruce N. Waller | Publisher: The MIT Press | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 0262028166 | ISBN13: 9780262028165 |
Description: The philosophical commitment to moral responsibility seems unshakable. But, argues Bruce Waller, the philosophical belief in moral responsibility is much stronger than the philosophical arguments in favor of it. Philosophers have tried to make sense of moral responsibility for centuries, with mixed results. Most contemporary philosophers insist that even conclusive proof of determinism would not and should not result in doubts about moral responsibility. Many embrace compatibilist views, and propose an amazing variety of competing compatibilist arguments for saving moral responsibility. In this provocative book, Waller examines the stubborn philosophical belief in moral responsibility, surveying the philosophical arguments for it but focusing on the system that supports these arguments: powerful social and psychological factors that hold the belief in moral responsibility firmly in place. Waller argues that belief in moral responsibility is not isolated but rather is a central element of a larger belief system doubting or rejecting moral responsibility will involve major adjustments elsewhere in a wide range of beliefs and values. Belief in moral responsibility is one strand of a complex and closely woven fabric of belief, comprising threads from biology, psychology, social institutions, criminal justice, religion, and philosophy. These dense interconnections, Waller contends, make it very difficult to challenge the belief in moral responsibility at the center. They not only influence the philosophical arguments in favor of moral responsibility but also add powerful extraphilosophical support for it.
The Stubborn System of Moral Responsibility (MIT Press).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32427
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Stubborn System of Moral Responsibility (MIT Press)
- 2018-09-22Moral Psychology Free Will and Moral Responsibility (MIT Press) (Volume 4)
- 2018-07-29Moral Psychology Free Will and Moral Responsibility (MIT Press) (Volume 4)
- 2018-06-14Moral Psychology Free Will and Moral Responsibility (MIT Press) (Volume 4)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Like-Minded: Externalism and Moral Psychology (MIT Press)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Big Archive: Art From Bureaucracy (MIT Press)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Big Archive: Art From Bureaucracy (MIT Press)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Like-Minded: Externalism and Moral Psychology (MIT Press)
- 2012-07-05The New Cognitive Neurosciences 2nd Edition
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Number System
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Auditory System at the Cocktail Party (Springer Handbook of Auditory Research)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Reproductive System at a Glance
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Idea of a Moral Economy: Gerard of Siena on Usury, Restitution, and Prescription (Toronto Studies in Medieval Law)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The American System of Criminal Justice (Available Titles CengageNOW)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Immune System in Space: Are we prepared? (SpringerBriefs in Space Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Honor Code: How Moral Revolutions Happen
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Dynamics of Corporate Social Responsibility: A Critical Approach to Theory and Practice (CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance) - Removed
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The IGF System: Molecular Biology, Physiology, and Clinical Applications (Contemporary Endocrinology)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Vibe System
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.