[PDF] The Symbolic Scenarios of Islamism: A Study in Islamic Political Thought (Contemporary Thought in the Islamic World)
Posted on 2017-10-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Andrea Mura | Category: Islam | Language: English | Page: 258 | ISBN: 1472443896 | ISBN13: 9781472443892 |
Description: The Symbolic Scenarios of Islamism initiates a dialogue between the discourse of three of the most discussed figures in the history of the Sunni Islamic movement?Hasan al-Banna, Sayyid Qutb, and Osama bin Laden?and contemporary debates across religion and political theory, providing a crucial foundation upon which to situate current developments in world politics. Redressing the inefficiency of the terms in which the debate on Islam and Islamism is generally conducted, the book examines the role played by tradition, modernity, and transmodernity as major "symbolic scenarios" of Islamist discourses, highlighting the internal complexity and dynamism of Islamism. By uncovering forms of knowledge that have hitherto gone unnoticed or have been marginalised by traditional and dominant approaches to politics, accounting for central political ideas in non-Western sources and in the Global South, the book provides a unique contribution towards rethinking the nature of citizenship, antagonism, space, and frontiers required today. While offering valuable reading for scholars of Islamic studies, religious studies and politics, it provides a critical perspective for academics with an interest in discourse theory, post-colonial theory, political philosophy, and comparative political thought.
The Symbolic Scenarios of Islamism: A Study in Islamic Political Thought (Contemporary Thought in the Islamic World).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32422
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Dappled World: A Study of the Boundaries of Science
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Equality and the British Left: A Study in Progressive Political Thought, 1900-64 (Critical Labour Movement Studies)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Social World of the Florentine Humanists, 1390-1460 (RSART: Renaissance Society of America Reprint Text Series)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Sabbath World: Glimpses of a Different Order of Time
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The First World War: The War to End All Wars
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Unfinished World (The Armor of God) (Volume 2)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Hellenistic World: New Perspectives (New Perspectives Series)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Lost World of British Communism
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Moral World of James: Setting the Epistle in its Greco-Roman and Judaic Environments (Studies in Biblical Literature)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Jewish World of Sigmund Freud: Essays on Cultural Roots and the Problem of Religious Identity
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Modern World-System IV: Centrist Liberalism Triumphant, 1789-1914
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Puzzling World of Winston Breen
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Cambridge World History: Volume IV: A World with States, Empires and Networks 1200 BCE-900 CE (Volume 4)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Secret World of Dragons
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Renaissance World (Routledge Worlds)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Cambridge World History 7 Volume Set in 9 Pieces
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Inner World of Medical Students: Listening to Their Voices in Poetry
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Cambridge World History (Part 1)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Cambridge World History (Part 2)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.