Posted on 2018-01-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ryan Avent | Publisher: St. Martin's Press | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 1250075807 | ISBN13: 9781250075802 |
Description: None of us has ever lived through a genuine industrial revolution. Until now. Digital technology is transforming every corner of the economy, fundamentally altering the way things are done, who does them, and what they earn for their efforts. In The Wealth of Humans, Economist editor Ryan Avent brings up-to-the-minute research and reporting to bear on the major economic question of our time: can the modern world manage technological changes every bit as disruptive as those that shook the socioeconomic landscape of the 19th century? Traveling from Shenzhen, to Gothenburg, to Mumbai, to Silicon Valley, Avent investigates the meaning of work in the twenty-first century: how technology is upending time-tested business models and thrusting workers of all kinds into a world wholly unlike that of a generation ago. It's a world in which the relationships between capital and labor and between rich and poor have been overturned. Past revolutions required rewriting the social contract: this one is unlikely to demand anything less. Avent looks to the history of the Industrial Revolution and the work of numerous experts for lessons in reordering society. The future needn't be bleak, but as The Wealth of Humans explains, we can't expect to restructure the world without a wrenching rethinking of what an economy should be.
The Wealth of Humans: Work, Power, and Status in the Twenty-first Century.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34974
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Twenty-first Century African American Novel and the Critique of Whiteness in Everyday Life: Blackness as Strategy for Social Change
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Twenty-First-Century Media Industry: Economic and Managerial Implications in the Age of New Media (Studies in New Media)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] The Twenty-First Century Commercial Space Imperative
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Globalization, Wealth, and Power in the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Heart of War: On Power, Conflict and Obligation in the Twenty-first Century
- 2017-12-16[PDF] War and Power in the Twenty-First Century: The State, Military Power and the International System (Themes for the 21st Century Series)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Senior Power or Senior Peril: Aged Communities and American Society in the Twenty-First Century (Social Logic of Politics)
- 2017-02-14[PDF] The Heart of War: On Power, Conflict and Obligation in the Twenty-first Century
- 2013-10-30Globalization, Wealth, and Power in the Twenty-first Century (repost)
- 2013-07-20Wealth and Power: China's Long March to the Twenty-first Century
- 2012-01-09Globalization, Wealth, and Power in the Twenty-first Century - William R. Nester
- 2012-01-04Globalization, Wealth, and Power in the Twenty-first Century - William R. Nester
- 2011-12-25Globalization, Wealth, and Power in the Twenty-first Century - William R. Nester
- 2011-11-06Globalization, Wealth, and Power in the Twenty-first Century
- 2011-10-19Globalization, Wealth, and Power in the Twenty-first Century
- 2019-01-15Shadows of War Violence, Power, and International Profiteering in the Twenty-First Century
- 2019-01-15Environment, Power, and Society for the Twenty-First Century The Hierarchy of Energy
- 2019-01-11Environment, Power, and Society for the Twenty-First Century The Hierarchy of Energy
- 2019-01-10Shadows of War Violence, Power, and International Profiteering in the Twenty-First Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.