Posted on 2018-01-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jane Merrill | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 0313392102 | ISBN13: 9780313392108 |
Description: Though just outside of public view, the wedding night is loaded with expectation and consequence. The Wedding Night: A Popular History is an entertaining, accessible, touching, and humorous volume that looks at the previously unexplored topic of wedding history "between the sheets." Covering a kaleidoscopic array of cultural expressions, this unique study zooms in on what's quintessential and shares insights into the history of intimacy through the ages. The book traces the formalization of the wedding night in the ancient Near East and classical world, provides many examples of historically significant unions in European and American history, and describes the lively variety of traditions leading up to the present. Spicing their narrative with many piquant quotes from contemporary sources, the authors explore the rich cultural context for the wedding nightâ€”processions, royal rituals, apparel, food-related traditions, and pranksâ€”throughout Europe and America in the 19th and 20th centuries. Separate chapters examine sex guides, jokes, and the bed as a special conjugal space.
The Wedding Night: A Popular History.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35083
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Wedding Night: A Popular History
- 2013-12-26The Wedding Night: A Popular History
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Wedding Night by Jayne Ann Krentz
- 2017-11-13[PDF] The Wedding Night Debt: Christmas at the Castello (bonus novella) (Harlequin Presents)
- 2017-02-07[PDF] The Wedding Night Debt: Christmas at the Castello (bonus novella) (Harlequin Presents)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Forgotten Vows Modean(The Wedding Night) (Silhouette Desire)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Nuremberg: The Blackest Night in RAF History
- 2012-02-17[request]The Pursuit of Italy: A History of a Land, its Regions and their Peoples
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Evolution of Forensic Psychiatry: History, Current Developments, Future Directions
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Two Faces of Inca History: Dualism in the Narratives and Cosmology of Ancient Cuzco (Early Americas: History and Culture)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Beaver Hills Country: A History of Land and Life (Athabasca University Press)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Medieval Church: A Brief History
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Virgin of Chartres: Making History through Liturgy and the Arts
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Mass Image: A Social History of Photomechanical Reproduction in Victorian London - Removed
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Development of Catalysis: A History of Key Processes and Personas in Catalytic Science and Technology
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Imperial Cruise: A Secret History of Empire and War
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Personal Weblog: A Linguistic History (Hallesche Sprach- und Textforschung. Language and Text Studies. Recherches linguistiques et textuelles)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The American Sea: A Natural History of the Gulf of Mexico (Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies Series, Sponsored by the Har)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.