Posted on 2017-12-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Gavriel D. Rosenfeld | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 540 | ISBN: 0521847060 | ISBN13: 9780521847063 |
Description: What if the Nazis had triumphed in World War II? What if Adolf Hitler had escaped Berlin for the jungles of Latin America in 1945? What if Hitler had become a successful artist instead of a politician? Originally published in 2005, Gavriel D. Rosenfeld's pioneering study explores why such counterfactual questions on the subject of Nazism have proliferated within Western popular culture. Examining a wide range of novels, short stories, films, television programs, plays, comic books, and scholarly essays appearing in Great Britain, the United States, and Germany post-1945, Rosenfeld shows how the portrayal of historical events that never happened reflects the evolving memory of the Third Reich's real historical legacy. He concludes that the shifting representation of Nazism in works of alternate history, as well as the popular reactions to them, highlights their subversive role in promoting the normalisation of the Nazi past in Western memory.
The World Hitler Never Made: Alternate History and the Memory of Nazism.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34041
- 2012-12-12The World Hitler Never Made: Alternate History and the Memory of Nazism (repost)
- 2012-03-09The World Hitler Never Made: Alternate History and the Memory of Nazism (New Studies in European History)
- 2012-03-09The World Hitler Never Made: Alternate History and the Memory of Nazism
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Processes of Cultural Change and Integration in the Roman World (Mnemosyne, Supplements / Mnemosyne, Supplements, History and)
- 2011-10-24A World I Never Made
- 2018-01-20[PDF] A World in Disarray: American Foreign Policy and the Crisis of the Old Order
- 2017-12-23[PDF] A World at Arms: A Global History of World War II
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Zakhor: Jewish History and Jewish Memory (The Samuel and Althea Stroum Lectures in Jewish Studies) [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Memory Code: The traditional Aboriginal memory technique that unlocks the secrets of Stonehenge, Easter Island and ancient monuments the world over
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Understanding World War I: A Concise History
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Managing World Order: United Nations Peace Operations and the Security Agenda (Library of International Relations (Numbered))
- 2017-11-04[PDF] The Memory Phenomenon in Contemporary Historical Writing: How the Interest in Memory Has Influenced Our Understanding of History
- 2017-10-27[PDF] History and Popular Memory: The Power of Story in Moments of Crisis
- 2017-03-25The World of Medieval Monasticism Its History and Forms of Life
- 2017-01-13[PDF] History and Popular Memory: The Power of Story in Moments of Crisis
- 2010-07-15Voices of the Turtledoves: The Sacred World of Ephrata (Pennsylvania German History and Culture Series)
- 2009-12-18The Economy of Prostitution in the Roman World: A Study of Social History and the Brothel
- 2018-09-23The Christian Schism in Jewish History and Jewish Memory
- 2018-07-31The Christian Schism in Jewish History and Jewish Memory
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.