Posted on 2017-12-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Silvija Jestrovic | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 208 | ISBN: 0802090680 | ISBN13: 9780802090683 |
Description: In a world flooded with information, images, and sounds - where the distinction between real and simulated becomes increasingly blurred - one of the most pressing concerns of the theatre is how to subvert the stock responses of an audience and make the well-known fresh and meaningful again. Situating the practice of theatrical estrangement firmly in its social and political contexts, Theatre of Estrangement looks at how this concern has manifested itself in Russian and German avant-garde theatre. Silvija Jestrovic traces the concept of estrangement from its early formulation in the Russian Formalist School of Literary Criticism embodied in the experiments of the Russian avant-garde, to its so-called apotheosis in the theory and practice of Bertolt Brecht. Drawing from a variety of sources - theatrical performances, dramatic works, visual art, film, political events, biographical data - she demonstrates that theatrical estrangement is not only an abstract theoretical postulate, but also a practical artistic strategy shaped by the cultural and historical climate. In the historical avant-garde, Jestrovic argues, estrangement became a way of thinking, a means of comprehending the world, and even a lifestyle. Yet, devices of making the familiar strange are destined to erode in one historical and cultural context and become rediscovered in another to rejuvenate stale art forms and open the door to a fresh and more critical perception of reality. Theatre of Estrangement attempts to make that rediscovery.
Theatre of Estrangement: Theory, Practice, Ideology (German and European Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34377
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Wall Flower: A Life on the German Border (German and European Studies) [German]
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Nietzsche, Freud, Benn, and the Azure Spell of Liguria (German and European Studies) [German]
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Doctors of Empire: Medical and Cultural Encounters between Imperial Germany and Meiji Japan (German and European Studies)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Banking Systems Simulation: Theory, Practice, and Application of Modeling Shocks, Losses, and Contagion (Wiley Series in Modeling and Simulation)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Rehabilitation Goal Setting: Theory, Practice and Evidence (Rehabilitation Science in Practice Series)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Cloud Computing Networking: Theory, Practice, and Development
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Cross-Cultural Marketing: Theory, practice and relevance
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Multivariate Density Estimation: Theory, Practice, and Visualization (Wiley, 1992)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Understanding International Diplomacy: Theory, Practice and Ethics
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Understanding International Diplomacy: Theory, Practice and Ethics
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Cross-Cultural Marketing: Theory, practice and relevance
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Addressing Cultural Complexities in Practice: Assessment, Diagnosis, and Therapy, Third Edition
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Introduction to Set Theory, Third Edition, Revised and Expanded (Chapman & Hall/CRC Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Philosophy of Science in Practice: Nancy Cartwright and the Nature of Scientific Reasoning (Synthese Library) - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Erfolgreiches Management (Herausforderungen an das Management) (German and English Edition) [German] - Removed
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Law in Nazi Germany: Ideology, Opportunism, and the Perversion of Justice
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Involution: The Formal Theory of Differential Equations and its Applications in Computer Algebra (Algorithms and Computation in Mathematics)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Applications of Group Theory to Atoms, Molecules, and Solids
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Introduction to the Theory of Topological Rings and Modules
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.