Posted on 2017-12-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: William Hinton | Publisher: Monthly Review Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 1583671420 | ISBN13: 9781583671429 |
Description: Through a Glass Darkly was William Hintons last book. It draws on a lifetime of immersion in Chinese politics and society, beginning with the seven years he spent in China, working mainly in agriculture and land reform, until 1953. On his return to the United States in that year, Hinton first encountered the distortions and misrepresentations of the Chinese Revolution that he examines in this book. Hinton defends the achievements of the Chinese Revolution during the three decades from 1948 to 1979 from its detractors both in the United States and, since 1979, in China itself. His starting point is the work of John K. Fairbank, for many years a professor at Harvard and the dean of China Studies in the United States. But it is not limited to critique. Instead, Hintons critique of Fairbank leads into a wide-ranging examination of the nature of the transformation attempted in China, its social and political bases, and the causes and consequences of its policies in land reform, agriculture, combating famine, popular culture, industrialization, morality, and much else besides. Moving from large questions to concrete details, often drawn from his own experiences, Hinton brings everyday life in revolutionary China graphically to life. In a time when the distorted views first developed by U.S. critics of the Chinese Revolution are often propagated by the new Chinese elite themselves, Through a Glass Darkly has more than just historical relevance. For anyone wishing to understand present-day rivalries between the United States and China, Hinton shows how these began. This is a fitting completion of the work of a great scholar and revolutionary.
Through a Glass Darkly: American Views of the Chinese Revolution.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34434
- 2010-02-28Through a Glass Darkly: American Views of the Chinese Revolution
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Through a Glass Darkly: A Novel
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Through a Glass, Darkly (Commissario Guido Brunetti Mysteries)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Through a Glass, Darkly (Commissario Guido Brunetti Mysteries)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Internal World of the Juvenile Sex Offender: Through a Glass Darkly then Face to Face (Forensic Psychotherapy Monograph Series)
- 2013-07-28Through a Glass Darkly: Commissario Guido Brunetti Mystery Series, Book 15
- 2013-02-28Donna Leon - Through a Glass Darkly
- 2012-01-23Through a Glass Darkly: Hidden Masters, Secret Agendas and a Tradition Unveiled (The Wave or Adventures with Cassiopaea, Volume 4) free ebook download
- 2011-12-28Through a Glass Darkly - Karleen Koen
- 2011-12-18Through a Glass Darkly - Karleen Koen
- 2011-12-15Through a Glass Darkly - Karleen Koen
- 2011-12-08Through a Glass Darkly - Karleen Koen
- 2011-11-08Through a Glass, Darkly
- 2011-10-28Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen
- 2011-10-28Through a Glass Darkly free ebook download
- 2011-07-17Through a Glass Darkly: A Novel
- 2011-07-05Through a Glass, Darkly: Blurred Images of Cultural Tradition and Modernity over Distance and Time (International Studies in Sociology and Social Anthropology)
- 2011-06-16Through a Glass Darkly: Bernard Lonergan & Richard Rorty on Knowing Without a God's-eye View (Marquette Studies in Philosophy)
- 2011-05-14Through a Glass Darkly: Bernard Lonergan & Richard Rorty on Knowing Without a God's-eye View
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.