Posted on 2018-01-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: George Liber | Publisher: University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 416 | ISBN: 1442627085 | ISBN13: 9781442627086 |
Description: Between 1914 and 1954, the Ukrainian-speaking territories in East Central Europe suffered almost 15 million â€œexcess deathsâ€ as well as numerous large-scale evacuations and forced population transfers. These losses were the devastating consequences of the two world wars, revolutions, famines, genocidal campaigns, and purges that wracked Europe in the first half of the twentieth century and spread new ideas, created new political and economic systems, and crafted new identities. In Total Wars and the Making of Modern Ukraine, 1914â€“1954, George O. Liber argues that the continuous violence of the world wars and interwar years transformed the Ukrainian-speaking population of East Central Europe into self-conscious Ukrainians. Wars, mass killings, and forced modernization drives made and re-made Ukraineâ€™s boundaries, institutionalized its national identities, and pruned its population according to various state-sponsored political, racial, and social ideologies. In short, the two world wars, the Holodomor, and the Holocaust played critical roles in forming todayâ€™s Ukraine. A landmark study of the terrifying scope and paradoxical consequences of mass violence in Europeâ€™s bloodlands, Liberâ€™s book will transform our understanding of the entangled histories of Ukraine, the USSR, Germany, and East Central Europe in the twentieth century.
Total Wars and the Making of Modern Ukraine, 1914-1954.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35548
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Literary Coteries and the Making of Modern Print Culture: 1740-1790
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The War Inside: Psychoanalysis, Total War, and the Making of the Democratic Self in Postwar Britain (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Classroom Wars: Language, Sex, and the Making of Modern Political Culture
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Classroom Wars: Language, Sex, and the Making of Modern Political Culture
- 2019-07-26%(Recommended) - Why You Should Read The Game of Our Lives: The English Premier League and the Making of Modern Britain by David Goldblatt Online or Download [MOBI EPUB PDF]
- 2018-01-26[PDF] World Wars and the Modern Age
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Impossible Subjects: Illegal Aliens and the Making of Modern America (Politics and Society in Twentieth-Century America)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Country of Football: Soccer and the Making of Modern Brazil (Sport in World History)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Nazis, Islamists, and the Making of the Modern Middle East
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Mysteries and Conspiracies: Detective Stories, Spy Novels and the Making of Modern Societies
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Guaranteed Pure: The Moody Bible Institute, Business, and the Making of Modern Evangelicalism
- 2017-11-21[PDF] The Opium War: Drugs, Dreams and the Making of Modern China
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Bread from Stones: The Middle East and the Making of Modern Humanitarianism
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Cataclysm 1914: The First World War and the Making of Modern World Politics (Historical Materialism Book)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] The 1972 Munich Olympics and the Making of Modern Germany (Weimar and Now: German Cultural Criticism)
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Floodpath: The Deadliest Man-Made Disaster of 20th-Century America and the Making of Modern Los Angeles
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Erotic City: Sexual Revolutions and the Making of Modern San Francisco
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Freud in Zion: Psychoanalysis and the Making of Modern Jewish Identity (Karnac History of Psychoanalysis Series) (The History of Psychoanalysis Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.