Posted on 2018-01-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Katie Marsico | Publisher: Benchmark Books (NY) | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 128 | ISBN: 0761440291 | ISBN13: 9780761440291 |
Description: Grade 8â€“10â€”Marsico uses primary sources to show "conflicting vantage points" to provide an objective, reasoned account that places the Cherokee relocation and the Trail of Tears into the context of American history. She opens with well-written background about the "principal people," as the Cherokee called themselves, and then discusses how the post-American Revolution expansion created conflict between the Cherokee and white settlers, the divisions that assimilation efforts and resistance to relocation caused within the tribe and its leadership, and the disastrous removal to Oklahoma. However, in keeping with the series theme, the author provides a longer perspective by describing how the Cherokee adapted to life in Oklahoma and their misguided alliance with the Confederacy, which led to further loss of land. She concludes by celebrating the tribe's resilience and its 20th-century cultural and linguistic rebirth that allows the Cherokee to live as assimilated Americans while maintaining their culture and identity. Throughout, Marsico includes information about the motivations and actions of white settlers, political leaders, and soldiers who moved the Cherokee west. The text is supplemented with illustrations, period art and photos, and brief sidebars. While this topic has been covered in John P. Bowes's The Trail of Tears: Removal in the South (Chelsea House, 2007), Marsico's book will help students better understand the tragic events and their place in history.
Trail of Tears: The Tragedy of American Indians (Perspectives on).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35205
- 2013-05-17Katie Marsico, Trail of Tears: The Tragedy of American Indians
- 2017-04-12[PDF] Trail of Tears: The Rise and Fall of the Cherokee Nation
- 2017-02-08[PDF] Trail of Tears: The Rise and Fall of the Cherokee Nation
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Tragedy of American Diplomacy (50th Anniversary Edition)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] The Tragedy of American Diplomacy (50th Anniversary Edition)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Social Fragmentation and the Decline of American Democracy: The End of the Social Contract.
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Church, State, and the Crisis in American Secularism
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Social Fragmentation and the Decline of American Democracy: The End of the Social Contract - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Big Bone Lick: The Cradle of American Paleontology
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Nightingale's Legacy: The Evolution of American Nurse Leaders
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Daily Life of the Aztecs (Native American)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Trail Guide to the Body: How to Locate Muscles, Bones, and More (3rd Edition)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Culture at Twilight: The National German-American Alliance, 1901-1918 (New German-American Studies / Neue Deutsch-Amerikanische Studien) [German]
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Hunters of the Northern Forest (American Indians)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Johnny Cash and the Paradox of American Identity
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Martha Hill and the Making of American Dance
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Richard Dyer-Bennet: The Last Minstrel (American Made Music Series)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Tube of Plenty: The Evolution of American Television
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Bush's Law: The Remaking of American Justice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.