Posted on 2017-11-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Laura Erickson-Schroth | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 672 | ISBN: 0199325359 | ISBN13: 9780199325351 |
Description: There is no one way to be transgender. Transgender and gender non-conforming people have many different ways of understanding their gender identities. Only recently have sex and gender been thought of as separate concepts, and we have learned that sex (traditionally thought of as physical or biological) is as variable as gender (traditionally thought of as social). While trans people share many common experiences, there is immense diversity within trans communities. There are an estimated 700,000 transgendered individuals in the US and 15 million worldwide. Even still, there's been a notable lack of organized information for this sizable group. Trans Bodies, Trans Selves is a revolutionary resource-a comprehensive, reader-friendly guide for transgender people, with each chapter written by transgender or genderqueer authors. Inspired by Our Bodies, Ourselves, the classic and powerful compendium written for and by women, Trans Bodies, Trans Selves is widely accessible to the transgender population, providing authoritative information in an inclusive and respectful way and representing the collective knowledge base of dozens of influential experts. Each chapter takes the reader through an important transgender issue, such as race, religion, employment, medical and surgical transition, mental health topics, relationships, sexuality, parenthood, arts and culture, and many more. Anonymous quotes and testimonials from transgender people who have been surveyed about their experiences are woven throughout, adding compelling, personal voices to every page. In this unique way, hundreds of viewpoints from throughout the community have united to create this strong and pioneering book. It is a welcoming place for transgender and gender-questioning people, their partners and families, students, professors, guidance counselors, and others to look for up-to-date information on transgender life.
Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource for the Transgender Community.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33405
- 2019-07-17^&(Valuable) - Why You Should Read Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource for the Transgender Community by Laura Erickson-Schroth Online or Download [`PDF `EPUB `MOBI]
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource for the Transgender Community
- 2017-09-18Trans Bodies, Trans Selves A Resource for the Transgender Community
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Neutron Imaging and Applications: A Reference for the Imaging Community (Neutron Scattering Applications and Techniques)
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Neutron Imaging and Applications: A Reference for the Imaging Community (Neutron Scattering Applications and Techniques)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Explaining Reading, Third Edition: A Resource for Explicit Teaching of the Common Core Standards
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Handbook of Korean Vocabulary: A Resource for Word Recognition and Comprehension
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Problem-Solving Strategies for Efficient and Elegant Solutions: A Resource for the Mathematics Teacher
- 2017-11-29[PDF] The Art of Problem Solving: A Resource for the Mathematics Teacher
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Art of Ancient Egypt A Resource for Educators
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Art of Ancient Egypt A Resource for Educators
- 2018-10-10Sweet Potato Products A Natural Resource for the Tropics
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Sushi Specials: More than 50 Recipes for the Perfect Presentation
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Dinner at Home: Advice and Encouragement for the Untrained Home Cook
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Spirituality, Values and Mental Health: Jewels for the Journey
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Protecting Our Cultural Capital: Research Plan for the Heritage Sector (Occasional Papers)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] McGraw-Hill Education 500 Review Questions for the MCAT: Behavioral Sciences
- 2018-01-27[PDF] McGraw-Hill Education 500 Review Questions for the MCAT: Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills
- 2018-01-27[PDF] McGraw-Hill Education 500 Review Questions for the MCAT: Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.