Posted on 2017-11-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Katherine Clay Bassard | Publisher: University of Georgia Press | Category: Christianity | Language: English | Page: 180 | ISBN: 0820330906 | ISBN13: 9780820330907 |
Description: Transforming Scriptures is the first sustained treatment of African American women writers' intellectual, even theological, engagements with the book Northrup Frye referred to as the "great code" of Western civilization. Katherine Clay Bassard looks at poetry, novels, speeches, sermons, and prayers by Maria W. Stewart, Frances Harper, Hannah Crafts, Harriet E. Wilson, Harriet Jacobs, Zora Neale Hurston, Toni Morrison, and Sherley Anne Williams and discusses how such texts respond as a collective "literary witness" to the use of the Bible for purposes of social domination. Black women's historic encounters with the Bible were, indeed, transformational in the process of "turning cursing into blessing" these women were both shaped and reshaped by the scriptures they appropriated for their own self-representation.
Transforming Scriptures: African American Women Writers and the Bible.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33718
- 2012-01-15Transforming Scriptures: African American Women Writers and the Bible - Katherine Clay Bassard
- 2011-12-01Transforming Scriptures: African American Women Writers and the Bible
- 2011-08-27Transforming Scriptures: African American Women Writers and the Bible
- 2018-06-23Tell This Silence Asian American Women Writers and the Politics of Speech
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Our Emily Dickinsons: American Women Poets and the Intimacies of Difference (Haney Foundation Series)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Transatlantic Women: Nineteenth-Century American Women Writers and Great Britain (Becoming Modern: New Nineteenth-Century Studies)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Women Writers and the Dark Side of Late-Victorian Hellenism
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Laying Claim: African American Cultural Memory and Southern Identity (Albma Rhetoric Cult & Soc Crit)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Chinese Women Writers and the Feminist Imagination, 1905-1948 (Asia's Transformations)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Side Dishes: Latina American Women, Sex, and Cultural Production (New Directions in International Studies)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] There's Always Work at the Post Office: African American Postal Workers and the Fight for Jobs, Justice, and Equality
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Domesticity and Dissent in the Seventeenth Century: English Women Writers and the Public Sphere
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Holding On: African American Women Surviving HIV/AIDS (Anthropology of Contemporary North America)
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Chinese Women Writers and the Feminist Imagination, 1905-1948 (Asia's Transformations)
- 2012-06-25African American Women Writers' Historical Fiction
- 2010-03-26Sources of Stress and Relief for African American Women (Race and Ethnicity in Psychology)
- 2019-01-24Pimping Fictions African American Crime Literature and the Untold Story of Black Pulp Publishing
- 2019-01-08Pimping Fictions African American Crime Literature and the Untold Story of Black Pulp Publishing
- 2018-09-14African American Women Chemists in the Modern Era
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.