Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Tong-King Lee | Category: Languages (Other) | Language: English | Page: 166 | ISBN: 3034308507 | ISBN13: 9783034308502 |
Description: Translation is a textual and discursive practice embedded in competing cultural identities and language ideologies it is a site through which we can observe the operations and implications of language power. In this regard, multilingual societies provide fertile ground for the exploration of translation practice from the perspective of sociolinguistic tension. This book examines the relationship between translation-mediated multi-literate practice and language ideology in multilingual Singapore. It problematises literary translation in light of the power relation between the official languages in the city-state, with special emphasis on English and Chinese. Based on published translations and multilingual anthologies, it investigates the implications of such power relations for intercultural communication through translation. The book also discusses how the translational problems that accrue from language ideology may contribute to a nuanced understanding of cross-lingual practice and to the realisation of intercultural knowledge in multilingual Singapore.
Translating the Multilingual City: Cross-lingual Practices and Language Ideology.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35862
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Towards the Multilingual Semantic Web: Principles, Methods and Applications
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Multilingual City: Vitality, Conflict and Change
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Translating the World: Science and Language
- 2018-01-27[PDF] To the Last City
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Auburn: The Classic City
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Agile City: Building Well-being and Wealth in an Era of Climate Change
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Sin in the Second City: Madams, Ministers, Playboys, and the Battle for America's Soul
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Rebuilding the American City: Design and Strategy for the 21st Century Urban Core
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Indianapolis: The Circle City
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Building the Knowledge Management Network: Best Practices, Tools, and Techniques for Putting Conversation to Work
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Ethics and Governance in Project Management: Small Sins Allowed and the Line of Impunity (Best Practices and Advances in Program Management)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Kiss the Girls (Alex Cross)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Healing the Inner City Child: Creative Arts Therapies with At-risk Youth
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Contesting the Indian City: Global Visions and the Politics of the Local
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Imagining the Edgy City: Writing, Performing, and Building Johannesburg
- 2017-12-23[PDF] The Global Forest Sector: Changes, Practices, and Prospects
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Negotiating the Mediated City: Everyday Encounters with Public Screens (Comedia)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Beneath the Forsaken City (The Song of Seare)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Translating Molecular Biomarkers into Clinical Assays: Techniques and Applications (AAPS Advances in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.