[PDF] 'Tropical Forests: The Challenges of Maintaining Ecosystem Services while Managing the Landscape' ed. by Juan A. Blanco, et al.
Posted on 2018-01-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Juan A. Blanco, Shih-Chieh Chang and Yueh-Hsin Lo | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 136 | ISBN: 9535127586 |
Description: This brief book, by showcasing different research work done in tropical countries, provides a first introduction on this topic, discussing issues such as biodiversity loss, changes in local weather or nutrient cycling patterns, and economic activities around tropical forests, and tools to detect and quantify the importance of land use change. Large regions of the planet have been transformed from their natural composition into different human-made landscapes (farmlands, forest plantations, pastures, etc.). Such process, called land use change, is one of the major components of the current global change, which has brought the planet into a new geological era: the Anthropocene. Land use change is particularly important in tropical forests, as this ecosystem type is still heavily affected by deforestation for timber extraction, agricultural land creation of urban expansion. Changing land use has important implications for the services that tropical forests provide: production of goods such as timber, food or water regulation of process such as nutrient cycling, carbon sequestration, local weather or climate extremes generating the framework for economic and cultural activity, etc. Therefore, keeping ecosystem services when changing the use of the tropical lands is a major challenge in tropical regions. Contents Preface 1 Introductory Chapter: Land Use Change Ecosystem Services and Tropical Forests 2 Fauna Diversity in Tropical Rainforest: Threats from Land-Use Change 3 Detection of Amazon Forest Degradation Caused by Land Use Changes 4 Analyzing the Contribution of Cameroons Council Forests to Climate Change Mitigation and Socioeconomic Development 5 Analysis of Precipitation and Evapotranspiration in Atlantic Rainforest Remnants in Southeastern Brazil from Remote Sensing Data 6 Ecological and Environmental Aspects of Nutrient Cycling in the Atlantic Forest, Brazil 1st true PDF with TOC BookMarkLinks
'Tropical Forests: The Challenges of Maintaining Ecosystem Services while Managing the Landscape' ed. by Juan A. Blanco, et al..pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35103
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Tropical Forests (Ecosystems (Facts on File))
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Tropical Heat (The Fred Carver Mysteries)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Agroforestry Systems in India: Livelihood Security & Ecosystem Services (Advances in Agroforestry)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Composition in the Landscape: An Inspirational and Technical Guide for Photographers
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Railways in the Landscape
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Records Ruin the Landscape: John Cage, the Sixties, and Sound Recording
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Rivers in the Landscape: Science and Management
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Writing Across the Landscape: Travel Journals 1960-2013
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Planning at the Landscape Scale (RTPI Library Series)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Impacts of Land-use Change on Ecosystem Services
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Designed Ecologies: The Landscape Architecture of Kongjian Yu
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Ecological Engineering Design: Restoring and Conserving Ecosystem Services
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Planning at the Landscape Scale (RTPI Library Series)
- 2018-07-08Tropical Forests, International Jungle The Underside of Global Ecopolitics
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Green Carbon: The Role of Natural Forests in Carbon Storage, Part 1: A Green Carbon Account of Australia's South-Eastern Eucalypt Forests, and Policy Implications
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Sanctions and the Insurance Industry: Challenges and Opportunities
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Martian Outpost: The Challenges of Establishing a Human Settlement on Mars (Springer Praxis Books)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Conceptions in the Code: How Metaphors Explain Legal Challenges in Digital Times (Oxford Studies in Language and Law)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Supply Chain Integration Challenges in Commercial Aerospace: A Comprehensive Perspective on the Aviation Value Chain - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.