Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Takashi Inoguchi and Yasuharu Tokuda | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 210 | ISBN: 9811023042 | ISBN13: 9789811023040 |
Description: This volume, edited by a political scientist and a practicing medical doctor, is organized into two parts: interpersonal and institutional trust. To gauge trust both interpersonal and institutional in 29 Asian societies, the AsiaBarometer survey, the bestand onlyavailable such data source in the world was used. The survey, focusing on the quality of life in Asia, was carried out in the 2000s in 29 Asian societies (in East, Southeast, South, and Central Asia), and in the United States, Australia, and Russia for comparative analysis. Trust is a key intermediate variable linking an individual and a broader society. Yet systematically and scientifically assembled data have tended to be narrowly focused on Western societies. In the 2000s non-Western data on the quality of life have steadily increased. The AsiaBarometer survey, however, is the instrument that best examines the quality of life in a large number of Asian societies with nationwide random sampling and face-to-face interviewing, with the number of samples ranging from 1,000 to 3,000. In gauging interpersonal trust, the question, "Generally, do you think people can be trusted, or do you think that you can't be too careful in dealing with people (i.e., that it pays to be wary of people)?" is asked along with additional questions. In measuring institutional trust, the question is asked: "How much confidence do you place in the following institutions?" (Listed are the central government, the courts, the military, the police, political parties, the parliament, mass media, business companies, medical hospitals, and other institutions.) In examining interpersonal and institutional trust Asia-wide, special attention is paid to historical and geo-cultural backgrounds of the societies being surveyed. Examination of the link between trust of mass media and individual health and between trust in medical care and individual health focuses on Japan. Among the 12 chapters, 9 are reprints of journal articles published in the 2000s, and the introduction and 2 other chapters were written especially for this book to reflect the latest progress in the field. This work provides a rich source to be consulted by a wide range of readers interested in comparative politics, quality of life, and Asia in general.
Trust with Asian Characteristics: Interpersonal and Institutional.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35822
- 2018-04-19Trust with Asian Characteristics Interpersonal and Institutional - Removed
- 2017-04-03Trust with Asian Characteristics Interpersonal and Institutional - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Sessions with Sinatra: Frank Sinatra and the Art of Recording
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Laughing with Medusa: Classical Myth and Feminist Thought (Classical Presences)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Experimenting with Social Norms: Fairness and Punishment in Cross-Cultural Perspective
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Microrheology with Optical Tweezers: Principles and Applications
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Living with Pattern: Color, Texture, and Print at Home
- 2018-01-20[PDF] ePublishing with InDesign CS6: Design and produce digital publications for tablets, ereaders, smartphones, and more
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Mathematics with Understanding: The Commonwealth and International Library: Mathematical Topics, Volume 1 (v. 1)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Way with Words: Writing Rhetoric and the Art of Persuasion (The Modern Scholar) (Audiobook)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Farming with Nature: The Science and Practice of Ecoagriculture
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Growing Old: Paying for Retirement and Institutional Money Management after the Financial Crisis
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Landscape with Figures: Selected Prose and Writings (Penguin Classics)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Thinking with Type, 2nd revised and expanded edition: A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors, & Students
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Dicing with Death: Chance, Risk and Health
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Painting with Numbers: Presenting Financials and Other Numbers So People Will Understand You
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Rendezvous with Destiny: Ronald Reagan and the Campaign That Changed America
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Modelling with Differential Equations (Mathematics and its Applications)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Playing with Infinity: Mathematical Explorations and Excursions
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.