[PDF] Tweeting to Power: The Social Media Revolution in American Politics (Oxford Studies in Digital Politics)
Posted on 2017-11-18, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jason Gainous | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 208 | ISBN: 0199965099 | ISBN13: 9780199965090 |
Description: Online social media are changing the face of politics in the United States. Beginning with a strong theoretical foundation grounded in political, communications and psychology literature, Tweeting to Power examines the effect of online social media on how people come to learn, understand and engage in politics. Gainous and Wagner propose that platforms such as Facebook and Twitter offer the opportunity for a new information flow that is no longer being structured and limited by the popular media. Television and newspapers, which were traditionally the sole or primary gatekeeper, can no longer limit or govern what information is exchanged. By lowering the cost of both supplying the information and obtaining it, social networking applications have recreated how, when and where people are informed. To establish this premise, Gainous and Wagner analyze multiple datasets, quantitative and qualitative, exploring and measuring the use of social media by voters and citizens as well as the strategies and approaches adopted by politicians and elected officials. They illustrate how these new and growing online communities are new forums for the exchange of information that is governed by relationships formed and maintained outside traditional media. Using empirical measures, they prove both how candidates utilize Twitter to shape the information voters rely upon and how effective this effort was at garnering votes in the 2010 congressional elections. With both theory and data, Gainous and Wagner show how the social media revolution is creating a new paradigm for political communication and shifting the very foundation of the political process.
Tweeting to Power: The Social Media Revolution in American Politics (Oxford Studies in Digital Politics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33558
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Tweeting to Power: The Social Media Revolution in American Politics (Oxford Studies in Digital Politics)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Beyond Functional Sequence: The Cartography of Syntactic Structures, Volume 10 (Oxford Studies in Comparative Syntax)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Language in Time: The Rhythm and Tempo of Spoken Interaction (Oxford Studies in Sociolinguistics)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Language in Time: The Rhythm and Tempo of Spoken Interaction (Oxford Studies in Sociolinguistics)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Beyond Functional Sequence: The Cartography of Syntactic Structures, Volume 10 (Oxford Studies in Comparative Syntax)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Unleash The Power of Social Media Marketing: Explosive Proven Strategies to Boost Your Social Media Marketing Campaign
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Herding Cats: A Strategic and Timeless Perspective on Harnessing the Power of Social Media
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Social Media Images Creation Guide
- 2018-01-09[PDF] The Social Media Marketing Mega Bundle
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Change the World Without Taking Power: The Meaning of Revolution Today
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Business Models for the Social Mobile Cloud: Transform Your Business Using Social Media, Mobile Internet, and Cloud Computing
- 2017-12-15[PDF] The Social Media MBA Guide to ROI: How to Measure and Improve Your Return on Investment
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Social Media Bible - Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success
- 2017-11-15[PDF] The Social Media WHY: A Busy Professionals Practical Guide to Using Social Media Including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter , YouTube, Pinterest, Google and Blogs for Business
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Status Update: Celebrity, Publicity, and Branding in the Social Media Age
- 2017-10-30[PDF] The Social Media Job Search Workbook: Your step-by-step guide to finding work in the age of social media
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Promoter Mind, Hustler Heart: Empowering Yourself for Success in the Social Media Age
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Crack the Social Media Sales Code: Marketing Strategy Guide to Improve Sales Acceleration Formula to Better Business
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.