Posted on 2018-01-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Timothy Rowlands | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Cards | Language: English | Page: 201 | ISBN: 1611320682 | ISBN13: 9781611320688 |
Description: As massively multiplayer online (MMO) games grow in scope and popularity, what are the characteristics of their emerging gaming culture? How is this culture shaped by the decisions made by game designers and the collective interpretations of a games player base? In this book, Timothy Rowlands brings a diverse mix of ethnographic, semiotic, and analytical approaches to the virtual world of EverQuest. Through first-hand player experiences and interviews of other gamers, Rowlands analyzes a gaming environment that, as time goes on, looks less like leisure and more like a workspace. This groundbreaking fusion of sociology and the world of MMOs is a must read for scholars and gamers alike. A tour de force that will redefine how social scientists look at computer mediated interaction in general, and especially the logics and perspectives of gamers in particular. This is an amazing study of the merging of the social and the social virtual worlds, joined through media formats. This work will challenge the entertainment logic, formats, and values that constitute standard game platforms that undergird much of the industry. His analysis of how the virtual world reflects and amends everyday life perspectives about competition and competence reveals much about the social order of justice in a virtual world. David L. Altheide, Regents Professor, Arizona State University
Video Game Worlds: Working at Play in the Culture of EverQuest.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35705
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Video Game Plotline Tester (The Dark Herbalist Book #1) LitRPG series
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Video Game Design Revealed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Video Game Writing: From Macro to Micro
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Video Game Design: Create A Competitive Design Portfolio
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Video Game Console Design
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Video Game Storytelling: What Every Developer Needs to Know about Narrative Techniques
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Video Game Addiction: The Cure to The Game Addiction
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Video Game Narrative and Criticism: Playing the Story
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Video Game Music (Classic FM Handy Guides)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Death by Video Game: Danger, Pleasure, and Obsession on the Virtual Frontline
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Video Game Design: Create A Competitive Design Portfolio
- 2017-02-08[PDF] Video Game Storytelling: What Every Developer Needs to Know about Narrative Techniques
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Ranger Confidential: Living, Working, And Dying In The National Parks
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Credit and Community: Working-Class Debt in the UK since 1880
- 2017-12-26[PDF] High-Tech Betrayal: Working and Organizing on the Shop Floor
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Ranger Confidential: Living, Working, and Dying in the National Parks [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-12[PDF] A Game with One Winner (Scandal in the Spotlight)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] A Game of Persuasion: Extended Prologue for The Art of Ruining a Rake (The Naughty Girls Book 3)
- 2017-11-10[PDF] State Strategies in International Bargaining: Play by the Rules or Change Them?
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.