Posted on 2017-12-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Carl S. Yamamoto | Category: Buddhism | Language: English | Page: 389 | ISBN: 900421240X | ISBN13: 9789004212404 |
Description: This book offers the first in-depth examination of the life and writings of Lama Zhang (1122-1193), key figure in the Tibetan renaissance. Controversial, larger-than-life, already revered as a literary innovator and tantric meditation master, Zhang entered public life in mid-career and forged a new model of rulership and religious community that would set the standard for later religious rulers of Lhasa - most notably the Dalai Lamas. The focus of the model was the tantric hermit who comes down from the mountains and sustains a worldly community through his mastery of space, time, and symbol. The subject is approached through a complex of related issues: lineage and tradition-formation, charisma and hegemony, literary genre, textual economy, and the politics of tantra.
Vision and Violence: Lama Zhang and the Politics of Charisma in Twelfth-Century Tibet.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34798
- 2014-05-28Vision and Violence: Lama Zhang and the Politics of Charisma in Twelfth-Century Tibet
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Vision and the Visual System
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Vision and the Visual System
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Heidegger and the Politics of Disablement
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Anthropology and the Politics of Representation
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Gender and the Nuclear Family in Twenty-First-Century Horror - Removed
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Race and the Politics of Deception: The Making of an American City
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Philosophy and the Politics of Animal Liberation (Political Philosophy and Public Purpose) - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Kant and the Concept of Race: Late Eighteenth-Century Writings (SUNY Series, Philosophy and Race (Hardcover))
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Terrorism and the Politics of Response (Routledge Critical Terrorism Studies)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Multiculturalism and the Politics of Guilt: Towards a Secular Theocracy
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Radio and the Politics of Sound in Interwar France, 1921-1939 (Cambridge Social and Cultural Histories)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Energy and the Politics of the North Atlantic
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Britain and the Politics of Modernization in the Middle East, 1945-1958 (Cambridge Middle East Studies)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Music and the Politics of Negation (Musical Meaning and Interpretation)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Russia and the Politics of International Environmental Regimes: Environmental Encounters or Foreign Policy? (New Horizons in Environmental Politics)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Girlhood and the Politics of Place
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Democracy and the Politics of Electoral System Choice: Engineering Electoral Dominance
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Islamabad and the Politics of International Development in Pakistan
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.