Posted on 2018-01-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Derrick Jensen | Publisher: Chelsea Green Publishing | Category: Technics | Language: English | Page: 296 | ISBN: 1931498520 | ISBN13: 9781931498524 |
Description: You could call them the Monkeywrench Gang of the nanotech age. Derrick Jensen and George Draffan are taking down the data mining industry, one converted mind at a time. In the face of RFID chips, consumer tracking strategies, and illegal government wiretapping, Jensen and Draffan are determined to show consumers how to fight back against government and industry to regain their rights, their privacy, and their humanity. In their new book, â€œWelcome to the Machine: Science, Surveillance, and the Culture of Control,â€ Jensen and Draffan take a hart-hitting look at the way technology is used as a machine, to control us and our environment. Their results are startling. If the prospect of perpetual surveillance and psychological warfare alarms you, you are not alone. Most people would be disturbed if you told them that everything from their store purchases to their public transit rides are recorded and filed for government or corporate access. But more often than not, the smooth, silent cleanliness of its operation allows the Machine of Western Civilization to go unnoticed. In â€œWelcome to the Machine,â€ Jensen and Draffan draw our attention back to its eerie, persistent white noise and take a cold, hard, human look at the cultural conditions that have led us to all but surrender to its hum. Jensen and Draffan, who teamed up in 2003 to expose industrial corruption and destruction in â€œStrangely Like War: The Global Assault on Forests,â€ are back to reveal both the terrifying extent of surveillance today and our chilling complacency at the loss of everything from consumer privacy to civil liberties. In this timely and important new collaboration, Jensen and Draffan take on all aspects of Control Culture: everything from the government's policy of total information awareness to a disturbing new technology where soldiers can be given medication to prevent them from feeling fear. They write about pharmaceutical packaging that reports consumer information, which is then used to send targeted drug advertisements directly to your TV.
Welcome to the Machine: Science, Surveillance, and the Culture of Control.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35016
- 2013-08-23Welcome to the Machine: Science, Surveillance, and the Culture of Control (repost)
- 2011-12-01Welcome to the Machine: Science, Surveillance, and the Culture of Control
- 2011-08-29Welcome to the Machine: Science, Surveillance, and the Culture of Control
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Creating Tropical Yankees: Social Science Textbooks and U.S. Ideological Control in Puerto Rico, 1898-1908 (Latino Communities: Emerging Voices - Political, Social, Cultural and Legal Issues)
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Creating Tropical Yankees: Social Science Textbooks and U.S. Ideological Control in Puerto Rico, 1898-1908 (Latino Communities: Emerging Voices - Political, Social, Cultural and Legal Issues)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Welcome to the Terrordome: The Pain, Politics and Promise of Sports
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Building a Modern Japan: Science, Technology, and Medicine in the Meiji Era and Beyond - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] New Trends in Mechanism and Machine Science: Theory and Industrial Applications (Mechanisms and Machine Science)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Einstein for the 21st Century: His Legacy in Science, Art, and Modern Culture
- 2018-01-03[PDF] New Trends in Mechanism Science: Analysis and Design (Mechanisms and Machine Science)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Welcome to the Desert of the Real: Five Essays on September 11 and Related Dates
- 2017-11-16[PDF] Britain's War Machine: Weapons, Resources, and Experts in the Second World War
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Commercial Visions: Science, Trade, and Visual Culture in the Dutch Golden Age
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Welcome to the Creative Age: Bananas, Business and the Death of Marketing
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Star Wars on Trial: Science Fiction And Fantasy Writers Debate the Most Popular Science Fiction Films of All Time (Smart Pop series)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Insights from Research in Science Teaching and Learning: Selected Papers from the ESERA 2013 Conference (Contributions from Science Education Research)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Welcome to the Microbiome: Getting to Know the Trillions of Bacteria and Other Microbes In, On, and Around You
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Engaging Smithsonian Objects through Science, History, and the Arts
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Prions: A Challenge for Science, Medicine and the Public Health System (Contributions to Microbiology, Vol. 11) (v. 11)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.