Posted on 2017-11-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Tariq Ramadan | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Religion Other | Language: English | Page: 288 | ISBN: 0195183568 | ISBN13: 9780195183566 |
Description: In a Western world suddenly acutely interested in Islam, one question has been repeatedly heard above the din: where are the Muslim reformers? With this ambitious volume, Tariq Ramadan firmly establishes himself as one of Europe's leading thinkers and one of Islam's most innovative and important voices. As the number of Muslims living in the West grows, the question of what it means to be a Western Muslim becomes increasingly important to the futures of both Islam and the West. While the media are focused on radical Islam, Ramadan claims, a silent revolution is sweeping Islamic communities in the West, as Muslims actively seek ways to live in harmony with their faith within a Western context. French, English, German, and American Muslimswomen as well as menare reshaping their religion into one that is faithful to the principles of Islam, dressed in European and American cultures, and definitively rooted in Western societies. Ramadan's goal is to create an independent Western Islam, anchored not in the traditions of Islamic countries but in the cultural reality of the West. He begins by offering a fresh reading of Islamic sources, interpreting them for a Western context and demonstrating how a new understanding of universal Islamic principles can open the door to integration into Western societies. He then shows how these principles can be put to practical use. Ramadan contends that Muslims can-indeed must-be faithful to their principles while participating fully in the civic life of Western secular societies. Grounded in scholarship and bold in its aims, Western Muslims and the Future of Islam offers a striking vision of a new Muslim Identity, one which rejects once and for all the idea that Islam must be defined in opposition to the West.
Western Muslims and the Future of Islam.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33511
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Western Muslims and the Future of Islam
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2011-11-05Preparing for the Revolution: Information Technology and the Future of the Research University
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Climate Change and the Future of Sustainability: The Impact on Renewable Resources
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Philosophical Faith and the Future of Humanity - Removed
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Western Art and the Wider World
- 2017-12-24[PDF] International Migration and the Future of Populations and Labour in Europe (The Springer Series on Demographic Methods and Population Analysis)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Cypherpunks: freedom and the future of the Internet
- 2017-12-09[PDF] John Dewey and the Future of Community College Education
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Secularism, Catholicism, and the Future of Public Life: A Dialogue with Ambassador Douglas W. Kmiec
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Social Banks and the Future of Sustainable Finance (Routledge International Studies in Money and Banking)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Globalization, Hegemony and the Future of the City of London
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Digital Technology and the Future of Broadcasting: Global Perspectives (Electronic Media Research Series)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Henry Stubbe and the Beginnings of Islam: The Originall & Progress of Mahometanism
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Black Muslims and the Law: Civil Liberties from Elijah Muhammad to Muhammad Ali (Critical Africana Studies)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Big History and the Future of Humanity, 2nd Edition
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Research Universities and the Future of America:: Ten Breakthrough Actions Vital to Our Nation's Prosperity and Security
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.