Posted on 2017-10-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Sally Magnusson | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 1444751786 |
Description: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER - AS HEARD ON BBC RADIO 4 BOOK OF THE WEEK 'The tenuous but vital reconnection between a child and its mother' - The Sunday Times Facebook.com/WhereMemoriesGo Scottish broadcaster and author Sally Magnusson cared with her two sisters for their mother Mamie during many years of living with dementia. Sad and funny, wise and honest, this deeply intimate account of insidious losses and unexpected joys is also a call to arms that challenges us all to think differently. This book began as an attempt to hold on to my witty, storytelling mother with the one thing I had to hand. Words. Then, as the enormity of the social crisis my family was part of began to dawn, I wrote with the thought that other forgotten lives might be nudged into the light along with hers. Dementia is one of the greatest social, medical, economic, scientific, philosophical and moral challenges of our times. I am a reporter. It became the biggest story of my life. - Sally Magnusson Regarded as one of the finest journalists of her generation, Mamie Baird Magnusson's whole life was a celebration of words - words that she fought to retain in the grip of a disease which is fast becoming the scourge of the 21st century. Married to writer and broadcaster Magnus Magnusson, they had five children of whom Sally is the eldest. As well as chronicling the anguish, the frustrations and the unexpected laughs and joys that she and her sisters experienced while accompanying their beloved mother on the long dementia road for eight years until her death in 2012, Sally Magnusson seeks understanding from a range of experts and asks penetrating questions about how we treat older people, how we can face one of the greatest social, medical, economic and moral challenges of our times, and what it means to be human. An extraordinary and deeply personal memoir, a manifesto and a call to arms, in one searingly beautiful narrative.
Where Memories Go: Why Dementia Changes Everything.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32425
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Cherish: The One Word That Changes Everything for Your Marriage
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Free Range Learning: How Homeschooling Changes Everything
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Stepping Up: How Taking Responsibility Changes Everything
- 2017-11-16[PDF] Where Memories Lie: A Novel
- 2016-12-27[PDF] Where Memories Lie: A Novel
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Where Keynes Went Wrong: And Why World Governments Keep Creating Inflation, Bubbles, and Busts
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Start Right Where You Are: How Little Changes Can Make a Big Difference for Overwhelmed Procrastinators, Frustrated Overachievers, and Recovering Perfectionists
- 2017-12-22[PDF] This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. The Climate
- 2017-12-08[PDF] What Changes Everything
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Heaven Changes Everything: The Rest of Our Story
- 2017-12-04[PDF] One Night That Changes Everything - Removed
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Intertwingled: Information Changes Everything
- 2017-11-12[PDF] ONE: An Exclusive Collection of EIGHTEEN Brand NEW Sexy One Night Changes Everything Stories
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Where the Memories Lie
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Lukewarming: The New Climate Science that Changes Everything
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Translation Changes Everything: Theory and Practice
- 2017-10-13[PDF] This Changes Everything (A Curse Keepers Secret)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The 3 Reasons Why Book of Science & Tech: Reasons for everything you've ever wondered about science, technology, software, space, the internet and more
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Heaven Changes Everything: Living Every Day with Eternity in Mind
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.