Posted on 2017-10-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Julian Johnson | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 152 | ISBN: 0195146816 | ISBN13: 9780195146813 |
Description: During the last few decades, most cultural critics have come to agree that the division between "high" and "low" art is an artificial one, that Beethoven's Ninth and "Blue Suede Shoes" are equally valuable as cultural texts. In Who Needs Classical Music?, Julian Johnson challenges these assumptions about the relativism of cultural judgements. The author maintains that music is more than just "a matter of taste": while some music provides entertainment, or serves as background noise, other music claims to function as art. This book considers the value of classical music in contemporary society, arguing that it remains distinctive because it works in quite different ways to most of the other music that surrounds us.
Who Needs Classical Music?: Cultural Choice and Musical Value.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32838
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Who Needs Classical Music?: Cultural Choice and Musical Value
- 2010-02-21Who Needs Classical Music?: Cultural Choice and Musical Value
- 2017-10-10[PDF] British Literature and Classical Music: Cultural Contexts 1870-1945 (Historicizing Modernism)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Aesopic Conversations: Popular Tradition, Cultural Dialogue, and the Invention of Greek Prose (Martin Classical Lectures)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Semiotics of Classical Music: How Mozart, Brahms and Wagner Talk to Us (Semiotics, Communication and Cognition [Scc])
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Who Needs the Fed?: What Taylor Swift, Uber, and Robots Tell Us About Money, Credit, and Why We Should Abolish America's Central Bank
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Staging the French Revolution: Cultural Politics and the Paris Opera, 1789-1794 (The New Cultural History of Music Series)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Post-War French Popular Music: Cultural Identity and the Brel-Brassens-Ferre Myth
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Who Put the Butter in Butterfly?: And Other Fearless Investigations into Our Illogical Language
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Fountain of Youth: Cultural, Scientific, and Ethical Perspectives on a Biomedical Goal
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Laying Claim: African American Cultural Memory and Southern Identity (Albma Rhetoric Cult & Soc Crit)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Who Owns the Dead?: The Science and Politics of Death at Ground Zero
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Mathematics for Classical Information Retrieval: Roots and Applications
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Emotion in Social Relations: Cultural, Group, and Interpersonal Processes
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Elements of Music: Melody, Rhythm, and Harmony (Wooden Books)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Who Really Made Your Car? Restructuring and Geographic Change in the Auto Industry
- 2018-01-11[PDF] WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissue (IARC WHO Classification of Tumours)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Who Did It First?: Great Rhythm and Blues Cover Songs and Their Original Artists
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Logic in Grammar: Polarity, Free Choice, and Intervention
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.