Posted on 2018-01-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Gary Paul Nabhan | Category: Health and Care | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 1559634669 | ISBN13: 9781559634663 |
Description: Do your ears burn whenever you eat hot chile peppers? Does your face immediately flush when you drink alcohol? Does your stomach groan if you are exposed to raw milk or green fava beans? If so, you are probably among the one-third of the world's human population that is sensitive to certain foods due to your genes' interactions with them. Formerly misunderstood as "genetic disorders," many of these sensitivities are now considered to be adaptations that our ancestors evolved in response to the dietary choices and diseases they faced over millennia in particular landscapes. They are liabilities only when we are "out of place," on globalized diets depleted of certain chemicals that triggered adaptive responses in our ancestors. In Why Some Like It Hot, an award-winning natural historian takes us on a culinary odyssey to solve the puzzles posed by "the ghosts of evolution" hidden within every culture and its traditional cuisine. As we travel with Nabhan from Java and Bali to Crete and Sardinia, to Hawaii and Mexico, we learn how various ethnic cuisines formerly protected their traditional consumers from both infectious and nutrition-related diseases. We also bear witness to the tragic consequences of the loss of traditional foods, from adult-onset diabetes running rampant among 100 million indigenous peoples to the historic rise in heart disease among individuals of northern European descent. In this, the most insightful and far-reaching book of his career, Nabhan offers us a view of genes, diets, ethnicity, and place that will forever change the way we understand human health and cultural diversity. This book marks the dawning of evolutionary gastronomy in a way that may save and enrich millions of lives.
Why Some Like It Hot: Food, Genes, and Cultural Diversity.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35591
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Some Like It Hot: An Erotic Romance Anthology
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Some Like It Hot: 50 Drinks to Warm Your Spirits
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Some Like It Hot: Spicy Favorites From The World's Hot Zones
- 2016-12-29Food Fact or Fiction S02E09 Some Like It Hot WEB-DL x264-JIVE
- 2016-12-21Food Fact or Fiction S02E09 Some Like It Hot WEB-DL x264-JIVE
- 2019-07-28Some Like It Hot 1959 1080p Bluray Remux AVC DTS-Hd 5 1-decatora27
- 2019-07-04Some Like It Hot 50 Drinks to Warm Your Spirits
- 2018-12-21Some Like It Hot (1959) REMASTERED 720p BluRay x264-AMIABLE
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Why Some Firms Thrive While Others Fail: Governance and Management Lessons from the Crisis
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Why Men Like Straight Lines and Women Like Polka Dots: Gender and Visual Psychology
- 2017-07-01Some Like It Hot-buttered (2007)
- 2014-05-26Some Like It Hot (1959) BRRip X264 AC3-PSYPHER
- 2014-04-26Some Like It Hot (1959) BRRip X264 AC3-PSYPHER
- 2013-08-08Susan Andersen - Some Like it Hot
- 2012-09-17Some Like It Hot
- 2012-08-29Some Like It Hot
- 2012-01-22Some Like It Hot-Buttered free ebook download
- 2012-01-21Some Like It Hot (Recipe for Love) - Louisa Edwards
- 2011-07-27Some Like It Hot
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.