Posted on 2017-11-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Paul McDonald | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 1848847483 | ISBN13: 9781848847484 |
Description: Winged Warriors is an open and honest account of one man's perceptions and fears, his actions and mistakes, from a career that spanned four decades. The author spent fourteen years overseas and, at the height of the Cold War, served on two Tornado tactical nuclear squadrons in West Germany only fifteen minutes from responding in full measure to an anticipated Soviet onslaught. Earlier he had flown reconnaissance aircraft on NATO's vulnerable southern flank. He was decorated for gallantry in 1980 and appointed OBE in 1995. Later as the senior RAF adviser in Kuwait he witnessed the air war against Iraq in 1998. Winged Warriors touches on many aspects of military service but it is not about war or war-fighting it is about real people and their highs and lows, ordinary people who found themselves in extraordinary circumstances. And it is about the training and tragedy that affected a generation of aircrew many of whom gave their lives in preserving peace. It is those crews who stand out in Winged Warriors: true warriors in every sense of the word, blessed with an irrepressible sense of humour regardless of circumstance, a humour that was typically British and very typically RAF. Paul McDonald is a retired RAF group captain and a former fast-jet pilot and flying instructor. In his youth he was an Air Cadet and he is a current Air Cadet Gliding Instructor.
Winged Warriors: The Cold War from the Cockpit.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33406
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Winged Warriors: The History of Army National Guard Aviation, 1948-2008
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Cold War New England: How One Region Fought to Keep the Cold War from Getting Hot
- 2017-12-24[PDF] A Failed Empire: The Soviet Union in the Cold War from Stalin to Gorbachev (The New Cold War History)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Last Decade of the Cold War: From Conflict Escalation to Conflict Transformation (Cold War History)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] A Failed Empire: The Soviet Union in the Cold War from Stalin to Gorbachev
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Red Globalization: The Political Economy of the Soviet Cold War from Stalin to Khrushchev
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Shadow Warriors of World War II: The Daring Women of the OSS and SOE
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Twilight Warriors: The Soldiers, Spies, and Special Agents Who Are Revolutionizing the American Way of War
- 2017-12-14[PDF] A Global History of War: From Assyria to the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Unlikely Warriors: The Army Security Agency's Secret War in Vietnam 1961-1973
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Expendable Warriors: The Battle of Khe Sanh and the Vietnam War (Praeger Security International)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] A Very Unusual Air War: From Dunkirk to AFDU: The Diary and Log Book of Test Pilot Leonard Thorne 1940-45
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Civilian Warriors: The Inside Story of Blackwater and the Unsung Heroes of the War on Terror
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Expendable Warriors: The Battle of Khe Sanh and the Vietnam War (Praeger Security International)
- 2014-06-05Red Globalization: The Political Economy of the Soviet Cold War from Stalin to Khrushchev
- 2014-05-10Red Globalization: The Political Economy of the Soviet Cold War from Stalin to Khrushchev
- 2014-04-03The Last Decade of the Cold War: From Conflict Escalation to Conflict Transformation (repost)
- 2010-11-18A Failed Empire: The Soviet Union in the Cold War from Stalin to Gorbachev
- 2010-06-04The Balkans After the Cold War: From Tyranny to Tragedy (Outcast Europe)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.