Posted on 2017-10-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Porter | Publisher: University of Massachusetts Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 248 | ISBN: 1558490051 | ISBN13: 9781558490055 |
Description: These essays reflect the complexity and richness of current scholarship in women's history. Informed by a variety of source materials and methodologies, the ten chapters break down a generalized construct of "womanhood" to explore the dynamics between gender, race, ethnicity, and class. The first section of the book focuses on women's work, paid and unpaid, and the effects of class, ethnicity, and gender on the structure of the job market and on power relations within the family. The second section revisits the concept of "sisterhood" by looking at women in relation to their families, social and cultural networks, and civic and private institutions. The editor's introduction sets the essays in the current historiographical context of women's studies and provides a bibliographical essay for the nonspecialist reader.
Women of the Commonwealth: Work, Family, and Social Change in Ninteenth-Century Massachusetts.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32299
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Cyberbullying Across the Globe: Gender, Family, and Mental Health
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Women in the Middle East: Past and Present
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Walking in the City: Urban Experience and Literary Psychogeography in Eighteenth-Century London
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Democracy in the Woods: Environmental Conservation and Social Justice in India, Tanzania, and Mexico (Studies in Comparative Energy and Environmental Politics)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Politics of the Pantry: Stories, Food, and Social Change
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Plants at the Margin: Ecological Limits and Climate Change
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Women in Port: Gendering Communities, Economies, and Social Networks in Atlantic Port Cities, 1500-1800 (Atlantic World)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Buddhist Landscapes in Central India: Sanchi Hill and Archaeologies of Religious and Social Change, c. Third Century BC to Fifth Century AD (UCL Institute of Archaeology Publications)
- 2013-11-16DJ Culture in the Mix: Power, Technology, and Social Change in Electronic Dance Music
- 2011-09-17The Development Decade?: Economic and Social Change in South Africa, 1994-2004
- 2011-08-20The Development Decade? Economic and Social Change in South Africa, 1994-2004 (repost)
- 2011-07-15The Development Decade?: Economic and Social Change in South Africa, 1994-2004
- 2011-07-03The Development Decade? Economic and Social Change in South Africa, 1994-2004
- 2011-03-01John Goodwin and the Puritan Revolution: Religion and Intellectual Change in Seventeenth-Century England - John Coffey
- 2009-08-25Rural Women in Urban China: Gender, Migration, And Social Change
- 2009-08-07John Goodwin and the Puritan Revolution: Religion and Intellectual Change in Seventeenth-Century England
- 2009-06-04John Goodwin and the Puritan Revolution: Religion and Intellectual Change in Seventeenth-Century England
- 2012-02-14Able-Bodied Womanhood: Personal Health and Social Change in Nineteenth-Century Boston - Martha H. Verbrugge
- 2012-02-11Able-Bodied Womanhood: Personal Health and Social Change in Nineteenth-Century Boston - Martha H. Verbrugge
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.