Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David Pomfret | Publisher: Stanford University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 416 | ISBN: 0804795177 | ISBN13: 9780804795173 |
Description: This is the first study of its kind to provide such a broadly comparative and in-depth analysis of children and empire. Youth and Empire brings to light new research and new interpretations on two relatively neglected fields of study: the history of imperialism in East and South East Asia and, more pointedly, the influence of childhood-and children's voices-on modern empires. By utilizing a diverse range of unpublished source materials drawn from three different continents, David M. Pomfret examines the emergence of children and childhood as a central historical force in the global history of empire in the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries. This book is unusual in its scope, extending across the two empires of Britain and France and to points of intense impact in "tropical" places where indigenous, immigrant, and foreign cultures mixed: Hong Kong, Singapore, Saigon, and Hanoi. It thereby shows how childhood was crucial to definitions of race, and thus European authority, in these parts of the world. By examining the various contradictory and overlapping meanings of childhood in colonial Asia, Pomfret is able to provide new and often surprising readings of a set of problems that continue to trouble our contemporary world.
Youth and Empire: Trans-Colonial Childhoods in British and French Asia.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35681
- 2012-01-03From Neurons to Neighborhoods : The Science of Early Childhood Development - Committee On Integrating The Science Of Early Childhood Development, Youth, And Families Board On Ch
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Youth and Substance Abuse
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Youth and Disability: A Challenge to Mr Reasonable (Interdisciplinary Disability Studies)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Youth and Sport for Development: The Seduction of Football in Liberia
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Youth and Age in the Medieval North (The Northern World)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Afghanistan and Central Asia: A Modern History
- 2017-12-16[PDF] East and Southeast Asia 2014 (World Today (Stryker))
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Huguenots and French Opinion, 1685-1787, The: The Enlightenment Debate on Toleration (Editions SR)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Lineages of Empire: The Historical Roots of British Imperial Thought
- 2017-10-12[PDF] English and French Medieval Stained Glass in the Collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art (2 Volume set)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Lineages of Empire: The Historical Roots of British Imperial Thought
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Trans-Colonial Urban Space in Palestine: Politics and Development (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Islam and the Army in Colonial India: Sepoy Religion in the Service of Empire (Cambridge Studies in Indian History and Society)
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Law and Politics in British Colonial Thought: Transpositions of Empire (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Demographics of Empire: The Colonial Order and the Creation of Knowledge
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Youth in the Roman Empire: The Young and the Restless Years?
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Violence and Colonial Order: Police, Workers and Protest in the European Colonial Empires, 1918-1940 (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Trans-Colonial Urban Space in Palestine: Politics and Development (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Law and Politics in British Colonial Thought: Transpositions of Empire (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.