Posted on 2018-01-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Cynthia Brideson | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 576 | ISBN: 081316088X | ISBN13: 9780813160887 |
Description: The name Florenz Ziegfeld Jr. (18671932) is synonymous with the decadent revues that the legendary impresario produced at the turn of the twentieth century. These extravagant performances were filled with catchy tunes, high-kicking chorus girls, striking costumes, and talented stars such as Eddie Cantor, Fanny Brice, Marilyn Miller, W. C. Fields, and Will Rogers. After the success of his Follies, Ziegfeld revolutionized theater performance with the musical Show Boat (1927) and continued making Broadway hits including Sally (1920), Rio Rita (1927), and The Three Musketeers (1928) several of which were adapted for the silver screen. In this definitive biography, authors Cynthia Brideson and Sara Brideson offer a comprehensive look at both the life and legacy of the famous producer. Drawing on a wide range of sources - including Ziegfield's previously unpublished letters to his second wife, Billie Burke (who later played Glinda the Good Witch in The Wizard of Oz), and to his daughter Patricia - the Bridesons shed new light on this enigmatic man. They provide a lively and well-rounded account of Ziegfeld as a father, a husband, a son, a friend, a lover, and an alternately ruthless and benevolent employer. Lavishly illustrated with over seventy-five images, this meticulously researched book presents an intimate and in-depth portrait of a figure who profoundly changed American entertainment.
Ziegfeld and His Follies: A Biography of Broadway's Greatest Producer (Screen Classics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35812
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Ziegfeld and His Follies: A Biography of Broadway's Greatest Producer (Screen Classics)
- 2017-04-03Ziegfeld and His Follies A Biography of Broadway's Greatest Producer
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Nabokov and his Books: Between Late Modernism and the Literary Marketplace (Oxford English Monographs)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Plutarch and His Intellectual World (Classical Press of Wales)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Demosthenes and His Time: A Study in Defeat
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Goldman and His Critics (Philosophers and their Critics)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Noah and His Book(s) (Early Judaism and Its Literature)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Samuel and His God (Studies on Personalities of the Old Testament)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Popper and His Popular Critics: Thomas Kuhn, Paul Feyerabend and Imre Lakatos - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Lenin and His Comrades: The Bolsheviks Take Over Russia 1917-1924
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Lee and His Men at Gettysburg: The Death of a Nation
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Shostakovich and His World (Bard Music Festival)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Stravinsky and His World (The Bard Music Festival)
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Jizi and His Art in Contemporary China: Unification (Chinese Contemporary Art Series)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Sleep and His Brother
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Crime and Punishment in America: Biography (Crime and Punishment in America Reference Library)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Gerschgorin and His Circles
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Man and His Becoming according to the Vedanta (Collected Works of Rene Guenon)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Delius and his Music
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.