Posted on 2013-02-01, by naveennisha.
Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos
24xDVDRip | AVI / XviD, ~896 kb/s | 480x352 | Duration: 12:16:22 | English: MP3, 96 kb/s (2 ch) | 5.26 GB
Would you like to know how the universe works? The science that has found many of the answers to that profound and age-old question is particle physics: the study of those impossibly tiny particles with unbelievably strange names: bosons and leptons, quarks and neutrinos. In Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos, Professor Steven Pollock translates the language of the remarkable science that, in only 100 years, has unlocked the secrets of the basic forces of nature. You will become familiar with the fundamental particles that make up all matter, from the tiniest microbe to the sun and stars. You will also learn the "rules of the game"â€”the forces the particles feel and the ways they interactâ€”that underlie the workings of the universe.
This course is designed to be enriching for everyone, regardless of scientific background or mathematical ability. Virtually all you will need to enjoy and benefit from it are curiosity, common sense, and "an open mind for the occasional quantum weirdness," according to Professor Pollock. As he leads you through the seemingly complex but surprisingly understandable field of particle physics.
1 Nature of Physics
2 Standard Model of Particle Physics
3 Pre-History of Particle Physics
4 Birth of Modern Physics
5 Quantum Mechanics Gets Serious
6 New Particles & New Technologies
7 Weak Interactions & the Neutrino
8 Accelerators & Particle Explosion
9 Particle "Zoo"
10 Fields & Forces
11 "Three Quarks for Muster Mark"
12 From Quarks to QCD
13 Symmetry & Conservation Laws
14 Broken Symmetry, Shattered Mirrors
15 November Revolution of 1974
16 A New Generation
17 Weak Forces & the Standard Model
18 Greatest Success Story in Physics
19 The Higgs Particle
20 Solar Neutrino Puzzle
21 Back to the Future (1)â€”Experiments to Come
22 Back to the Future (2)â€”Puzzles & Progress
23 Really Big Stuffâ€”The Origin of the Universe
24 Looking Back & Looking Forward
I recommends Buy premimum account for High speed+parallel downloads!
- Ebooks list page : 21248
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos (Audiobook)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos
- 2017-04-25TTC Video - Particle Physics for Non-Physicists A Tour of the Microcosmos
- 2013-12-29Particle Physics for Non-physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos - Steven J. Pollock, Part 2
- 2013-12-29Particle Physics for Non-physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos - Steven J. Pollock, Part 1
- 2013-10-15TTC Video - Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos
- 2013-04-19TTC Video - Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos
- 2013-04-10Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos
- 2013-02-27TTC - Particle Physics for Non-Physicists - A Tour of the Microcosmos
- 2013-02-07Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos
- 2013-01-31Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos
- 2013-01-30Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos [repost]
- 2012-11-03Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos (Audiobook) (repost)
- 2011-12-29Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos (Audiobook)
- 2010-12-18Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos (Audiobook)
- 2009-08-13TTC - Particle Physics for Non-Physicists: A Tour of the Microcosmos (Audiobook Lectures)
- 2013-04-25Particle Physics for NonPhysicists A Tour of the Microcosmos
- 2012-03-12On the Role of Division, Jordan and Related Algebras in Particle Physics By Feza Gursey, Chia-Hsiung Tze
- 2018-02-27Einstein's Relativity and the Quantum Revolution: Modern Physics for Non-Scientists, 2nd Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.