Posted on 2018-11-24, by voska89.
Pathways of the Brain: The Neurocognitive Basis of Language By Sydney M. Lamb
1999 | 430 Pages | ISBN: 9027236755 | PDF | 43 MB
The brain is the organ of knowledge and organizer of our abilities, our means of recognizing a face in a crowd, of conversing about anything we experience or imagine, of forming thoughts and developing ideas, of instantly understanding words coming rapidly in conversation. How does it manage all this? Does it represent information in symbols or in the connectivity of a vast network?Pathways of the Brain builds a theory to answer such questions. Using a top-down modeling strategy, it charts relationships among words and other products of the brain's linguistic system to reveal properties of that system. Going beyond earlier linguistics, it sets three plausibility requirements for a valid neurocognitive theory: operational, developmental, and neurological: It must show how the linguistic system can operate for speaking and understanding, how it can be learned by children, and how it is implemented in neural structures. Unlike theories that leave linguistics isolated from science, it builds a bridge to biology.Of interest to anthropologists, linguists, neurologists, neuroscientists, philosophers, psychologists, and any thoughtful person interested in language or the brain.The author is Agnes Cullen Arnold Professor Emeritus of Linguistics and Cognitive Sciences.
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 37901
- 2011-11-22Improving the Scientific Basis for Managing DOE's Excess Nuclear Materials and Spent Nuclear Fuel
- 2011-08-13Improving the Scientific Basis for Managing DOE's Excess Nuclear Materials and Spent Nuclear Fuel
- 2018-11-01The soul in the brain the cerebral basis of language, art, and belief
- 2013-11-04The Soul in the Brain: The Cerebral Basis of Language, Art, and Belief [Repost]
- 2010-08-27The Soul in the Brain: The Cerebral Basis of Language, Art, and Belief - Michael R. Trimble MD
- 2010-03-23The Soul in the Brain: The Cerebral Basis of Language, Art, and Belief
- 2012-09-25The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2011-12-28The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2011-09-05The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2019-08-23Finding Consciousness in the Brain A Neurocognitive Approach
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Multiple Pathways to the Student Brain: Energizing and Enhancing Instruction
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Finding Consciousness in the Brain: A Neurocognitive Approach (Advances in Consciousness Research)
- 2014-06-16Multiple Pathways to the Student Brain: Energizing and Enhancing Instruction
- 2012-05-22Fiber Pathways of the Brain (repost)
- 2012-03-09Finding Consciousness in the Brain: A Neurocognitive Approach by Peter G. Grossenbacher (Repost)
- 2011-10-12The Education of English Language Learners: Research to Practice
- 2010-10-14Finding Consciousness in the Brain: A Neurocognitive Approach (Advances in Consciousness Research) by Peter G. Grossenbacher
- 2010-04-05Fiber Pathways of the Brain
- 2009-08-04Finding Consciousness in the Brain: A Neurocognitive Approach by Michael Posner and Peter G. Grossenbacher
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.