Posted on 2014-05-05, by Bo0mB0om.
Perception, Sensibility, and Moral Motivation in Augustine: A Stoic-Platonic Synthesis
English | 262 pages | ISBN-10: 1107017947 | PDF | 2.88 MB
This book argues that Augustine assimilated the Stoic theory of perception into his theories of motivation, affectivity, therapy for the passions, and moral progress. Using his sermons to elucidate his treatises, Sarah Catherine Byers demonstrates how Augustine enriched Stoic cognitivism with Platonism to develop a fuller and coherent theory of action.
That theory underlies his account of moral development, including his account of the mind's reception of grace. By analyzing Augustine's engagement with Cicero, Seneca, Plotinus, Ambrose, Jerome, Origen, and Philo of Alexandria, Byers sheds new light on a major thinker of the early Christian world whose work is of critical importance for understanding key and recurring themes in Western philosophy.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resumming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 26651
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Perception, Sensibility, and Moral Motivation in Augustine: A Stoic-Platonic Synthesis
- 2014-04-22Perception, Sensibility, and Moral Motivation in Augustine: A Stoic-Platonic Synthesis (repost)
- 2013-03-13Perception, Sensibility, and Moral Motivation in Augustine: A Stoic-Platonic Synthesis
- 2019-08-24Public Housing Myths: Perception, Reality, and Social Policy
- 2019-08-23After School Programming and Intrinsic Motivation: Teaching At Risk Students to Read
- 2019-07-10New Religiosities, Modern Capitalism, and Moral Complexities in Southeast Asia
- 2019-03-03Democracy and Moral Conflict
- 2019-02-23Democracy and Moral Conflict
- 2019-01-31When the State Meets the Street Public Service and Moral Agency
- 2018-11-28Thomas Hobbes The Unity of Scientific and Moral Wisdom
- 2018-11-20Kant on Evil, Self-Deception, and Moral Reform
- 2018-11-15Risk, Technology, and Moral Emotions
- 2018-11-15A User's Guide to the Brain Perception, Attention, and the Four Theatres of the Brain
- 2018-11-01Memory and Brain Dynamics Oscillations Integrating Attention, Perception, Learning, and Memory
- 2018-10-31Being Amoral Psychopathy and Moral Incapacity
- 2018-10-15Managing Motivation A Manager's Guide to Diagnosing and Improving Motivation
- 2018-10-06Adaptive Disclosure A New Treatment for Military Trauma, Loss, and Moral Injury
- 2018-09-22Moral Psychology Free Will and Moral Responsibility (MIT Press) (Volume 4)
- 2018-09-14Consciousness and Moral Status
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.