Posted on 2017-07-14, by everest555.
Elliot D. Cohen, Samuel Zinaich Jr, "Philosophy, Counseling, and Psychotherapy"
2017 | ISBN-10: 1443847984 | 270 pages | PDF | 2 MB
Can philosophy help ordinary people confront their personal or interpersonal problems of living? Can it help a couple whose marriage is on the rocks, or someone going through a midlife crisis, or someone depressed over the death of a significant other, or who suffers from anxiety about making a life change? These and many other behavioral and emotional problems are ordinarily referred to psychologists, psychiatrists, clinical social workers, or other mental health specialists. Less mainstream is the possibility of consulting a philosophical counselor or practitioner. Yet, there is presently a steadily increasing, world-wide movement among individuals with postgraduate credentials in philosophy to harness their philosophical training and skills in helping others to address their life problems. But is this channeling of philosophy outside the classroom into the arena of life a good idea? Are philosophers, as such, competent to handle all or any of the myriad emotional and behavioral problems that arise in the context of life; or should these matters best be left to those trained in psychological counseling or psychotherapy? Through a diverse and contrasting set of readings authored by prominent philosophers, philosophical counselors, and psychologists, this volume carefully explores the nature of philosophical counseling or practice and its relationship to psychological counseling and psychotherapy. Digging deeply into this relational question, this volume aims to spark more rational reflection, and greater sensitivity and openness to the potential contributions of philosophical practice. It is, accordingly, intended for students, teachers, scholars, and practitioners of philosophy, counseling, or psychotherapy; as well as those interested in knowing more about philosophical counseling or practice.
- Ebooks list page : 31775
- 2019-06-02Handbook of Group Counseling and Psychotherapy, Second edition
- 2019-01-25Practicum and Internship Textbook and Resource Guide for Counseling and Psychotherapy
- 2019-01-23Principles of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- 2019-01-10Casebook for a Spiritual Strategy of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- 2019-01-08Practicum and Internship Textbook and Resource Guide for Counseling and Psychotherapy
- 2019-01-06Casebook for a Spiritual Strategy of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- 2018-12-20Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy, 10 edition
- 2018-12-13Case Approach to Counseling and Psychotherapy
- 2018-12-05Counseling and Psychotherapy of Work Dysfunctions
- 2018-10-08Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy, 4th Edition
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Principles of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Learning the Essential Domains and Nonlinear Thinking of Master Practitioners
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Advanced Principles of Counseling and Psychotherapy: Learning, Integrating, and Consolidating the Nonlinear Thinking of Master Practitioners
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Incorporating Spirituality in Counseling and Psychotherapy: Theory and Technique
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Counseling and Psychotherapy: Theories and Interventions (6th Edition)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Adlerian Counseling and Psychotherapy: A Practitioner's Approach, Fifth Edition
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Advanced Techniques for Counseling and Psychotherapy
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Culture and the Therapeutic Process: A Guide for Mental Health Professionals (Counseling and Psychotherapy: Investigating Practice from Scientific, Historical, and Cultural Perspectives)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Dying to be Men: Psychosocial, Environmental, and Biobehavioral Directions in Promoting the Health of Men and Boys (The Routledge Series on Counseling and Psychotherapy with Boys and Men)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Student Manual for Corey's Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy, 9th
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.