Posted on 2018-10-01, updated at 2018-11-01, by nokia241186.
Jaimie Hicks Masterson, Walter Gillis Peacock, Shannon S. Van Zandt, "Planning for Community Resilience: A Handbook for Reducing Vulnerability to Disasters"
2014 | pages: 255 | ISBN: 1610915852 | PDF | 4,8 mb
How can we plan and design stronger communities? From New Orleans to Galveston to the Jersey Shore, communities struck by natural disasters struggle to recover long after the first responders have left. Globally, the average annual number of natural disasters has more than doubled since 1980. These catastrophes are increasing in number as well as in magnitude, causing greater damage as we experience rising sea levels and other effects of climate change.
Communities can reduce their vulnerability to disaster by becoming more resilient-to not only bounce back more readily from disasters but to grow stronger, more socially cohesive, and more environmentally responsible. To be truly resilient, disaster preparation and response must consider all populations in the community. By bringing together natural hazards planning and community planning to consider vulnerabilities, more resilient and equitable communities are achievable.
In Planning for Community Resilience the authors describe an inclusive process for creating disaster-resilient communities. Based on their recovery work after Hurricane Ike in Galveston, Texas, they developed a process that relies on the Disaster Impacts Model. This handbook guides any community through the process of determining their level of hazard exposure, physical vulnerability, and social vulnerability with the goal of determining the best planning strategy.
Planning for Community Resilience will be invaluable to professionals working to protect their community from disturbance, including city planners, elected officials, floodplain managers, natural hazard managers, planning commissioners, local business leaders, and citizen organizers.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37274
- 2018-11-01Planning for Community Resilience A Handbook for Reducing Vulnerability to Disasters
- 2018-11-01Planning for Community-based Disaster Resilience Worldwide Learning From Case Studies in Six Continents
- 2011-09-16Strategic Planning for Dummies free ebook download
- 2011-08-05Strategic Planning for Dummies
- 2019-01-24Social-Ecological-Technological Effects of Hurricane MarÃa on Puerto Rico Planning for Resilience
- 2019-01-11Social-Ecological-Technological Effects of Hurricane MarÃa on Puerto Rico Planning for Resilience
- 2018-12-20Social-Ecological-Technological Effects of Hurricane MarÃa on Puerto Rico Planning for Resilience...
- 2018-08-04Sustainability and Resilience Planning for Local Governments The Quadruple Bottom Line Strategy
- 2018-04-17The Community Resilience Reader Essential Resources for an Era of Upheaval None Edition
- 2017-11-24[PDF] The Routledge Handbook of Planning for Health and Well-Being: Shaping a sustainable and healthy future
- 2017-10-06[PDF] The Canadian Student Financial Survival Guide: A Comprehensive Handbook on Financing Your Education, Managing Your Expenses & Planning for a Debt-free Future
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Handbook of Assessment and Treatment Planning for Psychological Disorders, 2/e
- 2013-05-24Handbook of Assessment and Treatment Planning for Psychological Disorders
- 2013-03-11Handbook of Assessment and Treatment Planning for Psychological Disorders, 2/e (repost)
- 2012-09-27Dam and Levee Safety and Community Resilience: A Vision for Future Practice
- 2011-10-14Passenger Level of Service and Spatial Planning for Airport Terminals
- 2010-09-02Handbook of Assessment and Treatment Planning for Psychological Disorders, 2/e
- 2019-06-30Smart Autonomous Aircraft Flight Control and Planning for UAV
- 2019-06-28Capacity and Inventory Planning for Make-to-Order Production Systems
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.