Posted on 2014-06-17. By anonymous.
ValÃ©rie Berenger, â€ŽFlorent Bresson - Poverty and Social Exclusion around the Mediterranean Sea
Published: 2012-11-16 | ISBN: 1461452627, 1461452643 | PDF | 328 pages | 4 MB
The events taking place in several of South Mediterranean countries since December 2010 show that multiple deprivations may be powerful drivers of political instability. Though improvements of the living conditions have been regularly principal demands along with civil and political liberties in the demonstrations, one of the main striking facts about this so-called â€œArab Springâ€ is that poverty had not been given the same emphasis in southern Mediterranean countries during the last decades as in other areas of the developing and emerging world.
Although the growing recognition that poverty is a multidimensional concept, studies of poverty in South Mediterranean countries have often been dominated by a monetary approach. However, there is a growing evidence that it is suitable to go beyond the money-metric measures of poverty and to supplement its results with other approaches that adopt a broader definition of well- being. Though poverty is only one of many causes of this â€œArab Spring,â€ we argue that it is a key feature to understand these historic events and that it is necessary to draw a detailed picture of poverty and social exclusion for each one of these countries. Moreover, if the Union for the Mediterranean succeeds in fostering economic cooperation within the Mediterranean area, the focus on the populationâ€™s well-being of its southern members will deserve scrutiny in the next few years to understand the forces that will drive the Euro-Mediterranean relationships, in particular for migration issues.
This book brings together recent advances on the measurement of poverty with empirical applications on South-Mediterranean countries. It introduces new tools for analyzing poverty and shows that the linkages between income and well-being are not straightforward and hinge on many determinants. It shows that the efficiency of poverty reducing policies should also be assessed on the basis of the satisfaction of non-income needs like health, education or participation in social life.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 27715
- 2013-10-21Poverty and Social Exclusion around the Mediterranean Sea
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Social Work, Poverty And Social Exclusion
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Tackling Poverty and Social Exclusion: Promoting Social Justice in Social Work
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Tackling Poverty and Social Exclusion: Promoting Social Justice in Social Work
- 2014-06-14The Transformation of Plantation Politics: Black Politics, Concentrated Poverty, And Social Capital in the Mississippi Delta
- 2014-06-12The Transformation of Plantation Politics: Black Politics, Concentrated Poverty, And Social Capital in the Mississippi Delta
- 2012-03-24The Transformation of Plantation Politics: Black Politics, Concentrated Poverty, And Social Capital in the Mississippi Delta
- 2014-03-27Interviewing for Education and Social Science Research: The Gateway Approach (repost)
- 2013-11-22People at Work: Life, Power, and Social Inclusion in the New Economy (repost)
- 2013-02-13Digital Media: Technological and Social Challenges of the Interactive World (repost)
- 2011-12-01People at Work: Life, Power, and Social Inclusion in the New Economy - Repost
- 2011-11-27People at Work: Life, Power, and Social Inclusion in the New Economy - Repost
- 2012-01-28The Importance of Common Metrics for Advancing Social Science Theory and Research: A Workshop Summary - Committee On Advancing Social Science Theory: The Importance Of Common Metrics
- 2011-11-29Intelligent Kindness: Reforming the Culture of Healthcare - Leicester John Ballatt - Independent Consultant Advising On Health And Social Care And Organisationa
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Cultural Interactions and Social Strategies on the Pontic Shores: Burial Customs in the Northern Black Sea Area c. 550-270 BC (BLACK SEA STUDIES)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Consumer Debt and Social Exclusion in Europe (Markets and the Law)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Mediterranean Sea: Temporal Variability and Spatial Patterns
- 2013-11-09The Mediterranean Sea: Its history and present challenges [Repost]
- 2013-09-13The Mediterranean Sea: Its history and present challenges
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.