[share_ebook] Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines free ebook download
Author: Vaclav Smil
Publisher: The MIT Press
Posted on 2011-10-03, by LionFar.
|Title:Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines free ebook download
|Description:The many books on globalization published over the past few years range from claims that the world is flat to an unlikely rehabilitation of Genghis Khan as a pioneer of global commerce. Missing from these accounts is a consideration of the technologies behind the creation of the globalized economy. What makes it possible for us to move billions of tons of raw materials and manufactured goods from continent to continent? Why are we able to fly almost anywhere on the planet within twenty-four hours? In Prime Movers of Globalization, Vaclav Smil offers a history of two key technical developments that have driven globalization: the high-compression non-sparking internal combustion engines invented by Rudolf Diesel in the 1890s and the gas turbines designed by Frank Whittle and Hans-Joachim Pabst von Ohain in the 1930s. The massive diesel engines that power cargo ships and the gas turbines that propel jet engines, Smil argues, are more important to the global economy than any corporate structure or international trade agreement. Smil compares the efficiency and scale of these two technologies to prime movers of the past, including the sail and the steam engine. The lengthy processes of development, commercialization, and diffusion that the diesel engine and the gas turbine went through, he argues, provide perfect examples of gradual technical advances that receive little attention but have resulted in epochal shifts in global affairs and the global economy.
Download Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines free ebook download
Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILESONIC
- Ebooks list page : 14104
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Prime Movers of Globalization: The History and Impact of Diesel Engines and Gas Turbines
- 2011-09-05Brain Facts: A Primer on the Brain and Nervous System free ebook download
- 2011-11-18Victorian Houses and their Details free ebook download
- 2012-01-24Desert Storm Land Power : The Coalition and Iraqi Armies free ebook download
- 2012-01-21The Metamorphosis and Other Stories free ebook download
- 2012-01-08Blood in the Water and Other Secrets free ebook download
- 2011-09-05The Architect, the Cook and Good Taste free ebook download
- 2012-01-24Harold: The Last Anglo-Saxon King free ebook download
- 2011-11-18Origination of Organismal Form: Beyond the Gene in Developmental and Evolutionary Biology free ebook download
- 2011-11-03The Birth of Classical Europe: A History from Troy to Augustine. Simon Price and Peter Thonemann free ebook download
- 2011-10-02Hermeneutics, Politics, and the History of Religions: The Contested Legacies of Joachim Wach and Mircea Eliade free ebook download
- 2011-10-02Architecture from the Outside: Essays on Virtual and Real Space free ebook download
- 2011-09-06A First-Rate Madness: Uncovering the Links Between Leadership and Mental Illness free ebook download - Removed
- 2011-09-05Okb Sukhoi: A History of the Design Bureau and Its Aircraft free ebook download
- 2012-01-25Cooking The Mediterranean Way: Culturally Authentic Foods Including Low-Fat And Vegetarian Recipes free ebook download
- 2012-01-25Stop and Make Money: How To Profit in the Stock Market Using Volume and Stop Orders free ebook download
- 2012-01-24The Politics of Medicare: Second Edition (Social Institutions and Social Change) free ebook download
- 2012-01-24Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less free ebook download
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.