Posted on 2018-05-10, by nokia241186.
Psychology of Music : From Sound to Significance, Second Edition
by Siu-Lan Tan and Peter Pfordresher
English | 2018 | ISBN: 1138124680 | 368 Pages | PDF | 11 MB
In Psychology of Music: From Sound to Significance (2nd edition), the authors consider music on a broad scale, from its beginning as an acoustical signal to its different manifestations across cultures. In their second edition, the authors apply the same richness of depth and scope that was a hallmark of the first edition of this text. In addition, having laid out the topography of the field in the original book, the second edition puts greater emphasis on linking academic learning to real-world contexts, and on including compelling topics that appeal to students natural curiosity. Chapters have been updated with approximately 500 new citations to reflect advances in the field.
The organization of the book remains the same as the first edition, while chapters have been updated and often expanded with new topics. Part I: Foundations explores the acoustics of sound, the auditory system, and responses to music in the brain. Part II: The Perception and Cognition of Music focuses on how we process pitch, melody, meter, rhythm, and musical structure. Part III: Development, Learning, and Performance describes how musical capacities and skills unfold, beginning before birth and extending to the advanced and expert musician. And finally, Part IV: The Meaning and Significance of Music explores social, emotional, philosophical and cultural dimensions of music and meaning.
This book will be invaluable to undergraduates and postgraduate students in psychology and music, and will appeal to anyone who is interested in the vital and expanding field of psychology of music.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36156
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Psychology of Music: From Sound to Significance
- 2019-03-25One Team on All Levels Stories from Toyota Team Members, Second Edition
- 2019-03-21One Team on All Levels Stories from Toyota Team Members, Second Edition
- 2019-02-26Water-from-Air Quick Guide Second Edition
- 2019-01-24Water-from-Air Quick Guide Second Edition
- 2019-01-23Water-from-Air Quick Guide: Second Edition
- 2018-12-13Nurses Making Policy From Bedside to Boardroom, Second Edition
- 2018-12-05Python Programming A Step By Step Guide From Beginner To Advance (second edition)
- 2018-12-01Beginning PHP and MySQL E-Commerce From Novice to Professional, Second Edition
- 2018-11-22Beginning PHP and MySQL E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition
- 2018-11-14Anywhere-Anytime Signals and Systems Laboratory From MATLAB to Smartphones, Second Edition
- 2018-09-07Funology 2 From Usability to Enjoyment, Second Edition
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Beginning C# 2008: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition
- 2018-01-07[PDF] A History of Science in Society: From Philosophy to Utility, Second Edition
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Computer Graphics Through OpenGL: From Theory to Experiments, Second Edition
- 2017-11-25[PDF] One Team on All Levels: Stories from Toyota Team Members, Second Edition
- 2017-11-16[PDF] Loss Models: From Data to Decisions, Second Edition
- 2017-11-01Health Promotion Programs: From Theory to Practice, Second Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.