Posted on 2012-10-14. By anonymous.
English | 2009-01-09 | ISBN: 0470380039 | 480 pages | PDF | 144 MB
This book is an accessible introduction to quantitative data analysis, concentrating on the key issues facing those new to research, such as how to decide which statistical procedure is suitable, and how to interpret the subsequent results. Each chapter includes illustrative examples and a set of exercises that allows readers to test their understanding of the topic. The book, written for graduate students in the social sciences, public health, and education, offers a practical approach to making sociological sense out of a body of quantitative data. The book also will be useful to more experienced researchers who need a readily accessible handbook on quantitative methods.
"This is a first-rate introduction to modern social science research methods by an acknowledged master and brilliant teacher of the art. Treiman simplifies complexity and offers a mountain of practical tips and best practices. Anyone who wants to learn to do modern quantitative social research (and anyone who plans to teach it) has much to gain from this book."
â€”Ross M. Stolzenberg, professor of sociology, University of Chicago
"Packed with examples using interesting data sets, this book doesn't just teach statistics-â€“it teaches how to use statistics to answer questions about the social world. In simple language, from simple percentage tables to fixed-effects models, including how to do the runs in Stata, and packed with examples from real data on how to make and interpret tables, Treiman shows students how to do the craft they are too often never taught."
â€”Paula England, professor of sociology, Stanford University
"After a distinguished career, Don Treiman shares his trade secrets in this remarkable book, which should be read by everyone wishing to master the art of theoretically informed quantitative research."
â€”Yu Xie, Otis Dudley Duncan Distinguished University Professor of Sociology and Statistics,
University of Michigan and coauthor, Statistical Methods for Categorical Data Analysis
"This book captures the wisdom arising from Professor Treiman's many years of data analysis experience. It provides the applied perspective and practical advice that are missing in many books on statistical models."
â€”Kenneth A. Bollen, H. R. Immerwahr Distinguished Professor of Sociology and director, Howard W. Odum Institute for Research in Social Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
"There are lots of books on the market that teach statistics. This book, written by a distinguished social scientist, achieves a more ambitious goal; it teaches students how to use statistics to do first-rate quantitative research."
â€”Thomas A. DiPrete, professor of sociology, Columbia University
"Treiman's wealth of teaching and research experience shows in this book. He delivers new insights into
familiar methods and gives us tools we need to solve the puzzles that inevitably arise in real research."
â€”Michael Hout, professor of sociology and demography, University of California, Berkeley, and member, National Academy of Sciences
"Having taken Don Treiman's course at UCLA, I highly recommend the book to anyone who wants practical instruction in how survey research is done."
â€”Christine R. Schwartz, assistant professor, Department of Sociology, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Ebooks list page : 20233
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Quantitative Data Analysis: Doing Social Research to Test Ideas
- 2011-12-31Quantitative Data Analysis: Doing Social Research to Test Ideas
- 2011-12-02Quantitative Data Analysis: Doing Social Research to Test Ideas (Research Methods for the Social Sciences) - Donald J. Treiman
- 2011-11-24Quantitative Data Analysis: Doing Social Research to Test Ideas - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-11-20Quantitative Data Analysis Doing Social Research to Test Ideas
- 2011-11-19Quantitative Data Analysis: Doing Social Research to Test Ideas
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Advanced Quantitative Data Analysis (Understanding Social Research)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Introduction to Quantitative Data Analysis in the Behavioral and Social Sciences
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Quantitative Data Analysis: A Companion for Accounting and Information Systems Research - Removed
- 2017-04-03Introduction to Quantitative Data Analysis in the Behavioral and Social Sciences
- 2012-06-03PISA Data Analysis Manual: SPSSÂ®
- 2012-06-03PISA Data Analysis Manual: SASÂ®
- 2012-05-23Quantitative Data Analysis with Minitab: A Guide for Social Scientists (Repost)
- 2009-06-18Quantitative Data Analysis with SPSS Release 10 for Windows: A Guide for Social Scientists
- 2008-12-07Quantitative Data Analysis with Minitab: A Guide for Social Scientists
- 2008-12-07Quantitative Data Analysis with SPSS Release 10 for Windows: A Guide for Social Scientists
- 2019-07-15Quantitative Data Analysis for Language Assessment Volume II Advanced Methods
- 2019-05-21Quantitative Data Analysis, by Donald J. Treiman
- 2019-02-21Handbook of Causal Analysis for Social Research
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.