Posted on 2018-12-17, by manhneovn.
Wigner's quasi-probability distribution function in phase space is a special (Weyl-Wigner) representation of the density matrix. It has been useful in describing transport in quantum optics; nuclear physics; and quantum computing, decoherence, and chaos. It is also of importance in signal processing and the mathematics of algebraic deformation. A remarkable aspect of its internal logic, pioneered by Groenewold and Moyal, has only emerged in the last quarter century: It furnishes a third, alternative formulation of quantum mechanics, independent of the conventional Hilbert space or path integral formulations.
In this logically complete and self-standing formulation, one need not choose sides between coordinate and momentum space. It works in full phase-space while accommodating the uncertainty principle, and it offers unique insights into the classical limit of quantum theory. The variables (observables) in this formulation are c-number functions in phase space instead of operators, with the same interpretation as their classical counterparts, but which compose together in novel algebraic ways.
This volume is a selection of 23 classic and/or useful papers about the phase-space formulation, with an introductory overview that provides a trail-map to these papers, and with an extensive bibliography. The overview collects often-used formulas and simple illustrations, suitable for applications to a broad range of physics problems, as well as teaching. It thereby provides supplementary material that may be used for a beginning graduate course in quantum mechanics.
- Ebooks list page : 38161
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Quantum Mechanics in Phase Space: An Overview with Selected Papers (World Scientific)
- 2013-03-20Quantum Mechanics in Phase Space: An Overview with Selected Papers (repost)
- 2011-10-09Quantum Mechanics in Phase Space: An Overview with Selected Papers
- 2010-08-18Quantum Mechanics in Phase Space: An Overview with Selected Papers
- 2011-11-25Advanced Quantum Mechanics by Franz Schwabl
- 2019-01-15Quantum Interferometry in Phase Space Theory and Applications - Removed
- 2019-01-10Quantum Interferometry in Phase Space Theory and Applications
- 2018-12-24Quantum Interferometry in Phase Space Theory and Applications
- 2018-12-13Quantum Optics in Phase Space
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Quantum Mechanics in Hilbert Space
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Quantum Interferometry in Phase Space: Theory and Applications - Removed
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Quantum Mechanics in Hilbert Space: 2nd Edition (Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 92)
- 2017-01-05[PDF] Quantum Mechanics in Hilbert Space: 2nd Edition (Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 92)
- 2014-04-10Quantum Interferometry in Phase Space: Theory and Applications (repost)
- 2012-11-24Quantum Mechanics in Hilbert Space: 2nd Edition (Repost)
- 2012-05-24Quantum Interferometry in Phase Space: Theory and Applications (Repost)
- 2010-04-07Quantum mechanics in Hilbert space, Volume 92 (Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- 2009-07-16Quantum Mechanics in Hilbert Space (Pure and Applied Mathematics): Eduard Prugovecki
- 2009-05-08Quantum Mechanics in Hilbert Space (Pure and Applied Mathematics): Eduard Prugovecki (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.