Posted on 2012-09-12. By anonymous.
Denis Tack, P. A. Gevenois - Radiation Dose from Adult and Pediatric Multidetector Computed Tomography
Published: 2007-04-04 | ISBN: 3540288880 | PDF | 286 pages | 7 MB
The number of computed tomography (CT) examinations has increased continuously since 1980 for a variety of reasons, including new indications and growth in the number of CT units. Beyond its use in adults with suspected malignancies and other conditions, CT is now used in young patients, including children, who are suffering from benign diseases and have a long life expectancy. The consequence of this trend is that CT, and in particular multidetector row CT (MDCT), is now responsible for about two-thirds of the total radiation dose delivered to the population for diagnostic purposes. Because of the associated radiation dose, CT may induce cancers, and the risk of death has been estimated at up to one per 1,000 CT examinations. Even if the balance between the risks related to ionizing radiation and the benefits from an accurate diagnosis provided by CT scanning has always been considered highly positive, it is now mandatory to reduce and/or to optimize the radiation dose. Referring clinicians, radiologists, and technologists should therefore all understand the mechanisms that determine the radiation risk, but it has been shown that only a small proportion of these professionals are aware of both the radiation risks and their underlying mechanisms. This book is designed to rectify this situation. The first part of the book provides a comprehensive approach to all the factors that influence the radiation dose and subsequently the risk induced by using MDCT in children and adult patients. In the second part, guidelines are proposed for optimization of the radiation dose in order to obtain an image quality sufficient for appropriate diagnostic performance while restricting the dose delivered. The authors are experts of international standing, selected for their acknowledged scientific contributions. This book will appeal to both general and specialized radiologists, including pediatric radiologists, CT technologists, physicists, manufacturers, and all professionals involved in MDCT.
No another mirrors, please!
- Ebooks list page : 19899
- 2014-04-10Radiation Dose from Adult and Pediatric Multidetector Computed Tomography (repost)
- 2012-05-24Radiation Dose from Adult and Pediatric Multidetector Computed Tomography (Repost)
- 2010-10-02Radiation Dose from Adult and Pediatric Multidetector Computed Tomography
- 2014-05-01Cardiac CT Made Easy: An Introduction to Cardiovascular Multidetector Computed Tomography (repost)
- 2012-10-07Atlas of Non-Invasive Coronary Angiography by Multidetector Computed Tomography [Repost]
- 2018-06-01Radiation Dose from Multidetector CT, Second Edition - Removed
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography in Coronary Artery Disease: A Systematic Review of Image Quality, Diagnostic Accuracy and Radiation Dose (Cardiology Research and Clinical Developments)
- 2018-07-04Adult and Pediatric Neuromodulation
- 2018-06-15Adult and Pediatric Neuromodulation
- 2018-06-12Adult and Pediatric Neuromodulation
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Flying Publisher Guide to Ultrasound Blocks for the Anterior Abdominal Wall: Principles and Implementation for Adult and Pediatric Surgery
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Chou's Electrocardiography in Clinical Practice: Adult and Pediatric, 6e
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Multidetector Computed Tomography: Principles, Techniques, and Clinical Applications - Removed
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Adult and Pediatric Urology (3-Volume Set) - Removed
- 2014-04-10The Adult and Pediatric Spine (3rd edition)
- 2012-11-25The Guide to Ultrasound Blocks for the Anterior Abdominal Wall: Principles and Implementation for Adult and Pediatric Surgery
- 2012-01-25Endocrinology, 2-Volume Set: Adult and Pediatric - J. Larry Jameson MD PhD
- 2012-01-04Endocrinology, 2-Volume Set: Adult and Pediatric - J. Larry Jameson MD PhD
- 2012-01-02Endocrinology, 2-Volume Set: Adult and Pediatric - J. Larry Jameson MD PhD
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.