[share_ebook] Reconstructing Law and Justice in a Postcolony (Interdisciplinary Research Series in Ethnic, Gender and Class Relations)
Author: Nonso Okafo
Posted on 2011-12-26, by sharebookfree.
Reconstructing Law and Justice in a Postcolony (Interdisciplinary Research Series in Ethnic, Gender and Class Relations)
Nonso Okafo | Ashgate | 2009 | 260 | English | PDF
Drawing on data from a cross-section of postcolonial nations across the world and on a detailed case-study of Nigeria, this book examines the experience of recreating law and justice in postcolonial societies. The author's definition of postcolonial societies includes countries that have emerged from external colonial rule, such as Nigeria and India as well as societies that have overcome internal dominations, such as Afghanistan and Iraq. Suggesting that restructuring a system of law and justice must involve a consideration of the traditions, customs and native laws of a society as well as the official, often foreign rules, this volume examines how ethnically complex nations resolve disputes, whether criminal or civil, through a combination of formal and informal social control systems. This book is unique in its concern with how the average citizens of a postcolonial society can play more active parts in their nation's law and justice, and how modern and increasingly urban societies can learn from indigenous people and institutions, which are more informal in their approaches to problem-solving. The concluding chapter looks at the possibility of an increased role for civil as opposed to criminal response in the social control system of a postcolonial society.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 16425
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Criminal Resistance?: The Politics of Kidnapping Oil Workers (Interdisciplinary Research Series in Ethnic, Gender and Clas)
- 2011-06-21Policing and Crime Control in Post-apartheid South Africa (Interdisciplinary Research Series in Ethnic, Gender and Class Relations) - Removed
- 2011-09-28Reconstructing Law and Justice in a Postcolony - Removed
- 2011-09-27Reconstructing Law and Justice in a Postcolony
- 2018-01-28[PDF] International Law and International Relations (Themes in International Relations)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] International Law and International Relations: An International Organization Reader
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Interdisciplinary Perspectives on International Law and International Relations: The State of the Art
- 2017-09-18International Law and International Relations Bridging Theory and Practice
- 2016-07-21Interdisciplinary Perspectives on International Law and International Relations The State of the...
- 2011-11-16International Law and International Relations: Bridging Theory and Practice (Contemporary Security Studies) - Removed
- 2011-08-05International Law and International Relations: Bridging Theory and Practice (Contemporary Security Studies) - Removed
- 2009-07-25International Law and International Relations: An International Organization Reader (International Organization) - Removed
- 2018-08-26Globalized Authoritarianism Megaprojects, Slums, and Class Relations in Urban Morocco
- 2018-08-21Globalized Authoritarianism: Megaprojects, Slums, and Class Relations in Urban Morocco
- 2019-03-11Sex, Sexuality, Law, and (In)justice
- 2019-03-05Sex, Sexuality, Law, and (In)justice
- 2019-02-01Law and Disorder in the Postcolony
- 2018-05-10Islam and the Rule of Justice Image and Reality in Muslim Law and Culture
- 2018-05-07Succession Law, Practice and Society in Europe across the Centuries (Studies in the History of Law and Justice)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.