[share_ebook] Remains of Old Latin, Volume III, The Law of the Twelve Tables (Loeb Classical Library No. 329)
Publisher: Loeb Classical Library
Posted on 2011-06-04, by sharebookfree.
Remains of Old Latin, Volume III, The Law of the Twelve Tables (Loeb Classical Library No. 329)
Lucilius | Loeb Classical Library | 2011-01-04 | 592 pages | English | PDF
The Loeb edition of early Latin writings is in four volumes. The first three contain the extant work of seven poets and surviving portions of the Twelve Tables of Roman law. The fourth volume contains inscriptions on various materials (including coins), all written before 79 BCE.
Volume I. Q. Ennius (239â€“169) of Rudiae (Rugge), author of a great epic (Annales), tragedies and other plays, and satire and other works; Caecilius Statius (ca. 220â€“ca. 166), a Celt probably of Mediolanum (Milano) in N. Italy, author of comedies.
Volume II. L. Livius Andronicus (ca. 284â€“204) of Tarentum (Taranto), author of tragedies, comedies, a translation and paraphrase of Homer's Odyssey, and hymns; Cn. Naevius (ca. 270â€“ca. 200), probably of Rome, author of an epic on the 1st Punic War, comedies, tragedies, and historical plays; M. Pacuvius (ca. 220â€“ca. 131) of Brundisium (Brindisi), a painter and later an author of tragedies, a historical play and satire; L. Accius (170â€“ca. 85) of Pisaurum (Pisaro), author of tragedies, historical plays, stage history and practice, and some other works; fragments of tragedies by authors unnamed.
Volume III. C. Lucilius (180?â€“102/1) of Suessa Aurunca (Sessa), writer of satire; The Twelve Tables of Roman law, traditionally of 451â€“450.
Volume IV. Archaic Inscriptions: Epitaphs, dedicatory and honorary inscriptions, inscriptions on and concerning public works, on movable articles, on coins; laws and other documents.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 11734
- 2011-01-07Remains of Old Latin, Volume III
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Alexander to Constantine: Archaeology of the Land of the Bible, Volume III (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Alexander to Constantine: Archaeology of the Land of the Bible, Volume III (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
- 2010-02-07Ausonius: Volume 2, Books 18-20 (Paulinus Pellaeus' Eucharisticus) (Loeb Classical Library)
- 2010-02-04Lucan: The Civil War (Loeb Classical Library No. 220)
- 2010-01-13Herodotus, Books V-VII: The Persian Wars (Loeb Classical Library)
- 2009-03-27The Dead Come to Life or the Fisherman: v. 3: The Double Indictment (Loeb Classical Library)
- 2012-01-08The Secrets of the Opposite-Coloured Bishop Endings, Volume One: The Fight for Lonely Bishops
- 2019-08-25The Contemporary Jazz Pianist Volume III (The Contemporary Jazz Pianist (A Comprehensive Approach to Keyboard Improvisation), Volume III)
- 2018-11-15The Oxford History of the Irish Book Volume III The Irish Book in English, 1550-1800
- 2018-10-10The Physiology of Flowering Volume III The Development of Flowers
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Knowledge: Its Creation, Distribution and Economic Significance, Volume III: The Economics of Information and Human Capital (Princeton Legacy Library)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Philo: Volume III, On the Unchangeableness of God, on Husbandry, Concerning Noah's Work As a Planter, on Drunkenness, on Sobriety (Loeb Classical Library No. 247)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Ezra Pound: Poet: Volume III: The Tragic Years 1939-1972
- 2017-11-01[PDF] The Insula of the Menander at Pompeii: Volume III: The Finds, a Contextual Study
- 2017-03-29With Musket & Tomahawk, Volume III The West Point-Hudson Valley Campaign in the Wilderness War ...
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Insula of the Menander at Pompeii: Volume III: The Finds, a Contextual Study
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Ezra Pound: Poet: Volume III: The Tragic Years 1939-1972
- 2014-05-22Nathan Mahl - Heretik Volume III - The Sentence (2002)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.