River, Reaper, Rail: Agriculture and Identity in Ohio's Mad River Valley, 1795-1885 (Ohio History and Culture)
Posted on 2018-11-22, by manhneovn.
River, Reaper, Rail: Agriculture and Identity in Ohio's Mad River Valley, 1795-1885 (Ohio History and Culture) by Timothy Thoresen
River, Reaper, Rail: Agriculture and Identity in Ohio's Mad River Valley, 1795-1885 tells the story of farmers and technology in Ohio's Champaign County and its Mad River Valley from the beginnings of white settlement in 1795 through the decades after the Civil War. This is a story of land-hungry migrants who brought a market-oriented farm ethos across the Appalachians into the Ohio Valley
There, they adapted their traditional farm practices to opportunities and big changes brought by the railroad, the mechanization of the harvesting process, and the development of state-sponsored farmer organizations. For a few decades in the middle of the nineteenth century, this part of America's heartland was the center of the nation geographically, agriculturally, and industrially. With the coming of the Civil War and the nation's further industrialization and westward expansion, the representative centrality of west central Ohio diminished. But the shared conviction that "we are an agricultural people" did not. This book presents their embrace of that view as a process of innovation, adjustment, challenge, and conservative acceptance spanning two or three generations.
- Ebooks list page : 37868
- 2018-11-23River, Reaper, Rail Agriculture and Identity in Ohio's Mad River Valley, 1795-1885 (Ohio History and...
- 2011-10-11College of Chinese Language and Culture, ' (Mandarin Chinese Language), Book 1
- 2010-09-04George B. Ellenberg - Mule South to Tractor South: Mules, Machines, Agriculture, and Culture in the South, 1850-1950
- 2018-12-13Indigenous Prosperity and American Conquest Indian Women of the Ohio River Valley, 1690-1792
- 2018-10-14Indigenous Prosperity and American Conquest Indian Women of the Ohio River Valley, 1690-1792
- 2012-05-17Committee on Sustainable Agriculture, "Sustainable Agriculture and the Environment in the Humid Tropics"
- 2009-09-21Darrel E. Bigham - On Jordan's Banks: Emancipation and Its Aftermath in the Ohio River Valley
- 2009-05-11On Jordan's Banks: Emancipation and Its Aftermath in the Ohio River Valley (Ohio River Valley Series)
- 2019-04-27Urban Agriculture and Food Systems Breakthroughs in Research and Practice
- 2019-04-19Science Agriculture and Research: A Compromised Participation
- 2019-03-27Nanofood and Internet of Nano Things: For the Next Generation of Agriculture and Food Sciences
- 2019-02-28Sustainable Agriculture and New Biotechnologies
- 2019-02-22Sustainable Agriculture and New Biotechnologies
- 2019-02-21Climate Change-Resilient Agriculture and Agroforestry Ecosystem Services and Sustainability
- 2019-01-31Sustainable Agriculture and New Biotechnologies
- 2019-01-31Becoming Modern Women Love and Female Identity in Prewar Japanese Literature and Culture
- 2019-01-31Climate Change, Agriculture and Rural Livelihoods in Developing Countries - Removed
- 2019-01-30Climate Change-Resilient Agriculture and Agroforestry Ecosystem Services and Sustainability - Removed
- 2019-01-28Economic Studies on Food, Agriculture, and the Environment
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.